Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gun-owner-recalls-deadly-shootout-i-got-all-of-my-hits

Excerpts:

"Baldwin, 40, said he takes firearms training seriously and hopes that those with concealed-carry permits take inspiration from his story to undergo more training. Baldwin said he trains more than the average concealed-carry holder, often training with tier one military operators and professional sports shooters like his girlfriend, Tori Nonaka, 25."

and

"The gunman died after being hit with 10 shots in a shootout that Baldwin estimated lasted about four seconds.

Each shot Baldwin fired at the gunman hit its target, including nine to the chest and one to 'the central nervous system.' (The second suspect fled.)"

I recommend folks read the whole thing.

·
Sneet
16,160 Posts
https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gun-owner-recalls-deadly-shootout-i-got-all-of-my-hits

Excerpts:

"Baldwin, 40, said he takes firearms training seriously and hopes that those with concealed-carry permits take inspiration from his story to undergo more training. Baldwin said he trains more than the average concealed-carry holder, often training with tier one military operators and professional sports shooters like his girlfriend, Tori Nonaka, 25."

and

"The gunman died after being hit with 10 shots in a shootout that Baldwin estimated lasted about four seconds.

Each shot Baldwin fired at the gunman hit its target, including nine to the chest and one to 'the central nervous system.' (The second suspect fled.)"

I recommend folks read the whole thing.

I flew his Dad around, when I worked for MGM and he was President of Belliago. Great guy.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I saw that too and I didn't realize who his girlfriend is. She makes her living in the firearms industry as a professional shooter. I wonder if she was carrying and if so why she didn't engage them. If she wasn't carrying or froze in the moment then all the training she does seems wasted when it comes to using those skills applied to real life and to defend yourself. Good thing BJ was prepared and apparently a very good shot.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
I saw that too and I didn't realize who his girlfriend is. She makes her living in the firearms industry as a professional shooter. I wonder if she was carrying and if so why she didn't engage them. If she wasn't carrying or froze in the moment then all the training she does seems wasted when it comes to using those skills applied to real life and to defend yourself. Good thing BJ was prepared and apparently a very good shot.

I won’t MMQ this one. She likely wasn’t carrying her competition gun, belt, holster, and they approached with gun already pointed at them, albeit from a distance. I try not to hold people accountable for how they behave when thrust into situations like this, but at least try to learn from their misfortunes. In her case it might be as simple as “carry everywhere” or maybe it’s “act sooner” (before they closed the distance).

·
NRA Life Member
29,325 Posts
I guess he forgot,

" Everyone gets one before anybody gets two. "

;)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
"I knew there was a high probability that he would miss because I was returning fire and getting hits on him," Baldwin said. "I wish I wasn't at the wrong place at the wrong time, but I'm glad it was me instead of a less-skilled defensive pistol practitioner

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
Used a red dot I think!

Reactions: Rotn1

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,499 Posts
Exactly. sitting in an In-N-Out Burger parking lot at 1:46 am catching up on e-mails and social media. What a couple of idiots.
Noooot really sure I believe that. Sounds like b.s. to me.

Certainly there is more to the story than we're getting.

Reactions: Intolerant

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,499 Posts
You are probably right but keep in mind it is Vegas and the clocks don't mean the same there.
He's 40, she's 25. And seriously, epicly, smoking hot.

Wonder if he's caught up on his sleep yet?

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
10,004 Posts
Apparently there was some kind of conflict at a gun shop with the guys that came with guns drawn.
Not sure what it was, but the brother of the dead guy stated as much and asked that Baldwin not be charged because he knew his brother would "do something stupid."

So there's that...

1 - 20 of 118 Posts