Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gun Firearm Trigger Machine gun Tan
So I had my rifle to the range and it ran fine for about 100 rounds. I had an old B-Square scope mount which worked fine for the accuracy testing but it took up the space on the rail which I needed to mount my MBUS. As a result I was looking for another mount and found a NcStar quick release mount. It attaches solidly after being set up properly. I'll have to see how it works at the range. Anyone else have any experience with this mount? I have no delusions that $25 for a mount probably means less than stellar performance, but for such a low price I'll roll the dice. I intend to use a scope only for varmint hunting.

Also, here is a after range report:
Prior to the new mount, I'll need to get out again soon.

View: https://youtu.be/Ngx3TXZRnnk

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Wish you luck with the nc, if you find yourself taking the scope on and off you will likely have to rezero each time.
Why do you think that T.......I take my dots and move around from gun to gun never had to adjust a thing. I use the exact mounting location on everything , cheek well, stock placement everything.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
View attachment 373082 So I had my rifle to the range and it ran fine for about 100 rounds. I had an old B-Square scope mount which worked fine for the accuracy testing but it took up the space on the rail which I needed to mount my MBUS. As a result I was looking for another mount and found a NcStar quick release mount. It attaches solidly after being set up properly. I'll have to see how it works at the range. Anyone else have any experience with this mount? I have no delusions that $25 for a mount probably means less than stellar performance, but for such a low price I'll roll the dice. I intend to use a scope only for varmint hunting.

View attachment 373082 So I had my rifle to the range and it ran fine for about 100 rounds. I had an old B-Square scope mount which worked fine for the accuracy testing but it took up the space on the rail which I needed to mount my MBUS. As a result I was looking for another mount and found a NcStar quick release mount. It attaches solidly after being set up properly. I'll have to see how it works at the range. Anyone else have any experience with this mount? I have no delusions that $25 for a mount probably means less than stellar performance, but for such a low price I'll roll the dice. I intend to use a scope only for varmint hunting.

Looking good, I'm not a scope guy but I like the mount. I wouldn’t pay any attention to the price. I saw a U-Tube on $20 dots f/ Amazon versus the $$$$$ and were just as good. I have one and it's right on point.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it. It really isnt hard to machine aluminum these days.

That said, it is probably made of lower quality materials and thus might not survive a tumble down a mountain as well as a $150 model made of 7075 or something. But, short of that, you'll be fine :) .

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Why do you think that T.......I take my dots and move around from gun to gun never had to adjust a thing. I use the exact mounting location on everything , cheek well, stock placement everything.
You must be extremely more fortunate than myself as that has not been my experience with less expensive mounts. On the lower end chinese expect soft hardware that has potential to fail.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
You must be extremely more fortunate than myself as that has not been my experience with less expensive mounts. On the lower end chinese expect soft hardware that has potential to fail.
Well I guess I am. One thing that may help is my yardage on my range is marked in 5 yd. increments. I have a rolling ft. meter which every 5 yds. i pounded a can into the ground, you know one of the vegi cans cut down to about 3,4 "s laid a block across, put into ground about six rows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.