Update on MB-G26 and her dog Alex

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by digitsmaw, Jan 18, 2010.

1. digitsmaw

digitsmaw MinniesMaw Too

I spoke to Mel for quite some time yesterday. She could really use another wave of prayers about now.

Last week Alex had a stroke. The vet in Flagstaff, where she's visiting right now, explained that the vets in Phoenix had more doctors and equipment to handle this sort of thing. Alex was given steroids and something to calm him and he's been doing fairly well ever since.

He's lost some control over the movement of his back legs. Hopefully a sling that Mel can hold him up with will give him the feeling of independence.

Mel is trying to find a vet that will do housecalls in case she needs to help Alex crossover. If anyone has any input or advice about this, please PM me and I'll call her and relay the info. It seems her computer does not run well or fast enough in that area.

She's also befuddled that before the stroke Alex's eyes were getting a bit cloudy with age - after the stroke his eyes look crystal clear.

So will you all get out your prayers and say a few for Mel and Alex so tihat they communicate enough to know when the *right* time is, and give them both the peace to get through it? I KNOW what the power of GT prayer bursts can do!

:angel::hugs::angel::hugs::angel:

2. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

3. Tow/Repo

Tow/Repo CLM

4. digitspaw

digitspaw RIP 08/95~09/09

I pray that Alex is around for a good while even if he's handicapped. Linda and I were able to keep Digit going for four months through self education, home health care, and a caring vet who answered questions after hours at no charge.

Hope and Pray. Rinse and repeat.:angel::hugs:

5. 23skidoo

23skidoo Deceased

More good thoughts headed their way.