close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Update Info: Wife Broke up a Burglary in Progress

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by IGotIt, Jun 9, 2012.

1. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1380589

Back in November my wife was a witness to a burglary to the home next door. Here's a few things that have come about since then;

It turns out these guys had broken into numerous homes (at least four that they were connected to) that day, and that is why there was so much police presence so quick.

Within the following two days after their arrests, their fingerprints matched those taken from the other burglaries so search warrants were obtained and all four of the thugs had their houses searched while they were still in jail.

There were quite a few items recovered that had been taken in the burglaries, and much more suspected from other burglaries including 7 guns.

All but 1, (a juvenile who was later charged as an adult) were held without bonds or bonds set so high even I wouldn't be able to bond out.

A few weeks ago my neighbor and my wife were subpoenaed for depositions and this week they were notified the trial will begin next week.

Yesterday we were notified by the States Attorneys office that the big guy (bug-eyes), who my wife saw first was a multi repeat offender and has been offered a plea bargain and he accepted and will plead guilty. This made my wife pleased because this guy, she was most afraid of facing in court.

We were also told that the other three are contemplating offers so there may not be a trial at all which would make life so much easier for the homeowners and my wife, along with all the LEO's involved, from having to spend a lot of time in court.

2. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

I hope the judge lowers the boom on them. Trash like that needs to be made example of. Sadly though, that never happens often enough.

3. Andy W

Andy W

Publically hanged, drawn, and quartered in town square.

4. okie

okie GT Mayor

I hope they lock them up and throw away the key my friend:thumbsup:

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

Capitol idea my friend:supergrin:

6. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

If tehy're accepting plea deals, it's most likely that they're facing reduced charges/sentances for doing so.

7. waawaaweenie

waawaaweenie

unfortunately when there are pleas involved, the BG knows he is getting away with a lot of his crimes and the state is giving him a break.

look for them to be out soon due to prison over crowding and these guys not being "violent"

our justice system sucks

8. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

The one who took the plea agreement has previous weapons convictions along with other convictions. I'm sure they were going to go the max on him and his lawyer slapped some sense into him. I'm guessing he's going to get at least 5 yrs, hopefully a few more than that.

One of the other thugs has a domestic and some other minor stuff so if he takes a plea, he'll probably get maybe 2-4 yrs.

The third thug has a few minor issues and some traffic issues, if he takes a plea, I don't see him getting more than a year or two at the most.

The juvy (going as an adult), has no priors, so they'll probably put him on probation if he takes a plea.

9. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

We are going through the exact same thing with my son. As it stands right now, he is going to be out of town on the day he's been subpoenaed for, so the states atty has filed a motion to change the date, and we should hear next week. He actually WANTS to go to court, but to be honest I'm hoping ( and really expecting) them to make a deal, as both are adults and have prior drug convictions.

I bet your neighbors absolutely adore your wife! It's awesome they were able to recover so much property. In our son's case, they only found one person's that I'm aware of so far.

10. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

In American court, is there any way to protect the witness from the offender through a screen or any other means?
    Sounds like your wife is a brave, great woman and I hope these scumbags rot.

11. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

In America, you have the right to face your accuser. If you give it some thought, you'll realize why we have that right.

Being a witness against a criminal is unpleasant, and just about all of us are loathe to do it, but we are proud to do so when we must because we see it as a duty.