Update #2: shot the Saiga.223 Today

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by chuck pullen, Oct 8, 2010.

1. chuck pullen

chuck pullen

As I posted earlier this week, I traded into a converted Saiga .223 AK Wednesday. I was able to take it out this afternoon for function testing. I put 60 rounds of American Eagle Tactical and 20 rounds of TulAmmo .223 through it without a hiccup. The gun shot smoothly, and felt solid and tight. It also appears to be nicely accurate, but I didn't have an area where I could shoot at enough distance to really tell.

My impressions are that this is a nice, good-quality rifle that feels, looks and shoots good. I now need to order some Surefire mags and start thinking about a flash hider. I got a very bright, 18 to 20 inch muzzle flash that I'll need to address. Any suggestions re: getting my barrel threaded and a US made flash hider?

2. CnRnut

CnRnut

The best thing you could do was to change out your FSB(front sight base)
    with a Bulgie threaded one.
    Do you have plans to do a basic conversion on it?

3. chuck pullen

chuck pullen

The trigger group/pistol grip conversion has already been done. Can you tell me more about the Bulgarian FSB?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  4. cj5mrt

cj5mrt

I'm interested in that info too.

Mike

5. ri.ben

ri.ben

saiga 12 has all your answers.there are a couple run downs of fsb conversions.some of the approaches use some crazy tools and others are down right barbaric.