upcoming ballot initiative in Florida - Assault weapon ban

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by pcguy, Jun 11, 2019.

1. pcguy

pcguy

porschedog and mike from st pe like this.
  2. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    I seriously doubt that this will get enough traction to make it on the ballot as a referendum issue (For folks in other states, here in FL if there is enough support for something it can be placed ion the ballot for a public vote; if it gets enough votes it becomes law if the Governor signs it) but if it DOES make it on the ballot, the OP is right, every person we can get needs to get the word out, and get the vote out to defeat it....

mike from st pe likes this.

3. pcguy

pcguy

I am erring on the side of caution with this one. Here in central Florida it received a huge article from the Orlando Sentinel, and it really painted a bad picture with a lot of less than truthful information being used to justify it.

They cited "facts" from the clinton assault weapons ban, trying to say the previous national ban proved that bans work in reducing gun violence. We all know the truth is that it did not, and in fact that was why it was sunset.

mike from st pe and slamdunc like this.
  4. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

BAWN hopefully will fade away? Is Bloomberg funding this BS?

Remember it takes 60% to pass a constitutional amendment. I never thought Amendment 4 would draw 70%.

jeepdawg and pizza_pablo like this.
  5. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

But aren't "assault weapons" already banned, on a federal level?

Here in Washington State, the "voters", along with the help of Bloomberg and Steve Jobs, decided that a semi auto .22 is now an "assault rifle".
    So I promptly went out and bought a THOMPSON TC-22 ASSAULT RIFLE!

6. jeepdawg

jeepdawg

Ya that was a big one, and i was surprised it got voter approval as well. I just googled the numbers potentially affected:

"Florida was estimated to have 1,686,318 persons—10.43 percent of the voting age population—disenfranchised due to felonies."

mike from st pe likes this.
  7. Dave Hill

Dave Hill

There is a great movement to ban guns in this nation. The U.S. needs to have a China like government to fall into the new world order / one world government.