Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody deal with, reload for or have firearms in unusual calibers?
i.e .400 Cor-Bon, 10mm Magnum and so forth.
Tell us about it/them. :supergrin:

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
7.62x38r Nagant Revolver, 357 Maximum, 7mm International Rimmed, 220 Swift and I guess now days you could include the 41 Mag too.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just the .445 SuperMag (.445 Gates). I traded a Glock 27 for a Contender with a .445 Bullberry Barrel. It actually shoots pretty sweet!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
The only firearm i own that might be considered an unusual caliber is the DE in .50ae. Considering what it's like to get ammo sometimes i'd say it's unusual!

·
Registered
32,966 Posts
I'm not sure if it counts as unusual, but I have a handgun in 7-30 Waters.

It is a .30-30 necked down to 7mm. Initially designed around 1980 for flatter shooting in a Winchester lever-action rifle.

Then handgunners with Thompson Contenders in 14" barrel found it has moderate recoil (more than .44 mag, but less than other rifle calibers), flat shooting, and hard hitting for deer :)

Since I don't reload, I use the only factory ammo available, Federal 120gr FNSP. Good stuff, even if designed for lever-actions.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
You own guns in all those calibers?
I've had guns in all those calibers. The 357 Max and 7mm Int.Rim were in a Contender that I had ages ago and of course the Nagant was in, well, a Nagant. 41Mag was also years ago.
Currently I own nothing but with any luck I'll get a Glock 22 in the very near future.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I have a couple boxes of .45 Super here. I realize "almosts" don't count, but I almost bought a .451 Detonics a few years back...

·
Mediocre Member
2,244 Posts
My most unusual caliber is .45 GAP. One of the newest calibers, but it's still up in the air how long it will last. I like it.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I've had guns in all those calibers. The 357 Max and 7mm Int.Rim were in a Contender that I had ages ago and of course the Nagant was in, well, a Nagant. 41Mag was also years ago.
Currently I own nothing but with any luck I'll get a Glock 22 in the very near future.
Fer crying out loud, buy something already!:supergrin:

I have a .22 Hornet bolt Savage, but thats not really rare. It is getting harder to find. Costs more, too.

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
i've loaded .22 PPC, .220 Swift, .22 Hornet, .400 CorBon. not really odd or unique cartridges, but maybe not main stream either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have several in 30 cal Luger. Some new, purhased at overseas base exchange, some vintage post WWI German Lugers sold stateside as collectable.

These have all turned out to be good investments and good shooters.

30 Luger ammo is now inexpensive as well as easy to find.

Shoot safely, Jim

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
8mm Lebel, because it's fun. 25-20, because it's $60 a box at the gun shop...it's fun, too!

·
RTR
14 Posts
Have several in 30 cal Luger. Some new, purhased at overseas base exchange, some vintage post WWI German Lugers sold stateside as collectable.

These have all turned out to be good investments and good shooters.

30 Luger ammo is now inexpensive as well as easy to find.

Shoot safely, Jim
+1 My first pistol was a .30 Luger pinned sheet metal slide German Sig 226(sold as a Browning). It was a year before I could afford to shoot it, and now the ammo is cheaper than .380.

·
Registered
578 Posts
480 Ruger.....and its a blast to shoot, little more recoil than a 44 mag and with a 410 grain "slug" moving along 1,200 fps its a freight train!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have a Browning BLR in .257 Roberts.

All I know for sure is ammo is tough to find locally, but my dad reloads for it.

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
Ehhhh 10mm is kinda weird, but not so much these days... at least I haven't had a lot of trouble finding it. Although it certainly isn't as common as 9mm, etc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts