close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

unsure of which to get!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ProtectedByGlock, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ProtectedByGlock

ProtectedByGlock

ok so the funds are finally here! I can't decide between 20 or the 32, This gun will be used for range/hiking/camping, I am not sure which caliber would actually be better for my needs. I have never shot either of these 2, and I cannot rent either to try first, so everything I have read here is my only basis to go on. I now need that final push in one direction or the other so please feel free to tell me the virtures of each and your recommendations, thanks :wavey:

2. JETHRO38

JETHRO38

Go with the G20! It will take care of anything u might run into while hicking! Congrats!i would recomend the G30! Lots of power and easy to carry while hicking! But if not get the G20! CONGRATS!

3. ProtectedByGlock

ProtectedByGlock

I actually own a 30sf, I was looking for something with a little more oompf I guess, that would be good on the 2 or 4 leg encounters.

4. JETHRO38

JETHRO38

i would think the 30sf would be good enough,but if you need a excuse to buy another Glock then the G30 will not do! Lol! Get the G20 that round will go through a Bear and a tree and then a deer! Lol! I had the G29 and traded :( due to ammo cost and availability! But if u reload,your set...or if u dont mind spending $30 on range ammo or $35 on P.P. Ammo...i would try and shoot one if you can. Some do not like kick. It was not bad in my opinion. And I had the G29 so the G20 has to be better? Or you can stick with the .45 and get G21sf?

5. Glockcubed

Glockcubed

Go with the G20. It will meet your needs on the trails.

6. Slug71

Slug71

Go to your nearest range and rent them both. If the nearest one doesnt have them both find the closest one that does. IIRC, one is a standard size and one is a compact. At least go hold each of them before making your decision.
    At least where i am, 10mm rounds are the most expensive of any other Glock caliber and hardest to find too.
    Really, go rent/hold them first though.

I made this mistake when i bought my G36. I held my friends G27(subcompact) and assumed all the subcompacts were the same size. Wanting a .45 and with the G30 being wider than the G36, i went with the G36 since it was gonna be for CC. However me and the wife dont find the G36 comfortable with our small hands. Pinkie goes right between the mag. and frame. I have an extension on one of the mags. which is much better but i dont want to add more bulkiness by putting one on the other mag.
    So now its time to sell and get something else. :upeyes:

7. C.Smith

C.Smith Millennium Member

I would say go with the G20. Better versatility, lots of different weight bullets 135 grain to 200 grain bullets if you want. I would take it any day over a G32.

Corey

8. Slug71

Slug71

Something else to consider, is that with the G32 you can buy a G23 barrel and have a 2-in-1.

9. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

:brickwall: 10mm...or 357Sig?...

I would just buy a revolver if I were you.:whistling:

But no if you want me to answer the question I will.
    Buy either, they're both great weapons. But please, please don't drink the kool-aid.

10. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

withoutn getting into the endless caliber wars debate, I'll suggest that you spot check a few of your favorite ammo supplying stores to see which caliber is more readily available, & then base your decision on that.

I know that the internet can supply either caliber well, but on those spur of the moment whims when you want to shoot (like when a friend or novice shooter wants to go), we all end up at the store, anyways.

11. J. Parker

J. Parker

The Glock 20 is one of the ALL-TIME great hiking/camping/woods bashing guns ever....bar none.

12. Strahley

Strahley

All things considered, I'd go with the 20