Unsolicited product review: CoverKing seat covers.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mhambi, Jan 19, 2010.

1. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

I've hated the seat fabric in my truck for a while now. I don't know what it is, but it seems to attract stains like a magnet. So I've been wanting to recover them. I decided to go with CoverKing charcoal on black neoprene.

This is what I ended up with:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Forgive the blue tint, I couldn't find my white balance setting for 'dimly lit garage' :rofl:

Pros: pretty well made overall. Fits well. I think I'll be very happy with it.

Cons: Attachment points for the straps could be more reinforced. I like to cinch it down tighter then they engineered it for apparently. I had to back off a little on that to avoid damaging the covers. Instructions aren't the best written/drawn. Not terrible, but had to figure out a few things on my own. The rear seat back was a pain. Ended up removing it completely from the truck and adding some straps of my own because the hook/loop attachments wouldn't really grab on the Ford upholstery backing. I wish the rear seat back cover came with buckle/strap attachments like all the others did.

Would I recommend this product? Yes, though I'll have to give a follow up in 6 months to see how they're standing up to the 'product testing board'. If there are any flaws, those 3 will find them. ;)

Has anyone else used CoverKing? Do you like them?

2. trifecta

trifecta

Looks good. Do you have a before pic? Just wondering if it was light color or why the stain issues. Seems like my last few vehicles have been pretty stain resistant.

3. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

I have heard a lot of good reports about CoverKing seat covers.

Once I quit hoarding ammo, I'll be able to afford a set.:supergrin:

4. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

I was halfway through before I thought about taking 'before' pics. The original seat color is light grey. NOT stain resistant at all.