Glock Talk banner

Unreliable Glock?

11309 92
So, I’m a Glock guy. I really like the two I have, but I have a question. Actually, it’s been asked before but lots of models have been introduced.

In choosing an every day carry, my first criterion is that it will shoot and cycle every. Time. I. Pull. The. Trigger. No jams. No misfeeds. No stovepipes. No light primer hits. Just bang and cycle another live round into battery. After that, I have to be able to shoot it- it has to be accurate enough and I have to be able to be accurate enough with it. For me the G43 (for sub compact) and G30s (for compact) do just that.

But
1) my son doesn’t like my G43,
2) wants a .45,
3) I don’t want him to get an XDs,
4) wants sub compact or as close as he can get,
5) and he doesn’t like the S&W.

But he’s heard that the G36 is the least ‘reliable’ of the Glocks. Any truth to this? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,898 Posts
But he’s heard that the G36 is the least ‘reliable’ of the Glocks. Any truth to this? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not normally that guy but in this case don't ask that question here. Go search the internet for Glock 36 Jams. Or whatever words you want to use.

The gun is POS in my opinion based on my own experience. Many will chime in and say well I've got 10 of them and they all run flawless. Well I'm not spending another 600 bucks to find one that works, sorry. That's all I got to say about that.

Reactions: tarawa1943

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Bren, I know you are a highly respected member on this forum at least I think so. But I wholeheartedly disagree with you on this one.

I am not an unreliable or inexperienced shooter and have been shooting firearms nearly my whole life. I also can often take many types of firearms from people that are having problems to include not very often even from my wife and they will run fine.

My gun had problems with a 10 page thread documenting everything in here. I seem to recall you were one of several that went into that thread telling me I was doing something wrong yet you never had any skin in the G36 game. I've been ridiculed by many over the years speaking up in any G36 thread in here for just telling my experience and I do think it's a bit unfair. Sure, maybe there have been times where I may not have posted in a polite manner and some may have taken it as I were trolling. I do apologize to any who took it that way over the years.

I also had a million people tell me that all G36s were perfect after the first batch yet mine was built in 12 or 13 and bought new and taken right out of the box.

It's the only firearm I've ever owned that I wasn't able to beat into submission. After many years have passed I do kinda regret not sending it back. Instead I just sold it for a huge loss and did tell the new owner it was problematic.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are tons of folks with working G36s but those problems were real. And the malfunctions were to the the point of being a dangerous carry weapon.

Did it leave a bad taste in my mouth? absolutely. The only way I'd try another G36 is if they gave it to me for free. Otherwise all my money is going to the Shield 45 if I were in the market.

Alas I've been perfectly content with my 30S. Maybe someday I'll get that free 36 and be happy with it and shoot off into the sunset.

Reactions: srjdsmith
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.