Glock Talk banner
141 - 160 of 236 Posts
When will these cops ever learn? I mean, I just don't understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=rih1ogXCxAs&feature=endscreen
I fully support gun rights but if the guys had the gun in a case they probably would have not been messed with. The cop made valid points and if he was a jerk he could have come with a number of cops and proned them out. I agree with what Russ said above. I think these guys may have been trying to make a point but if it would have gone to court I think the cop would win. I don't think he was being unreasonable by wanting to check them out after the Colorado lunatic shooting.
:faint:

There should be a law against D-bags being able to open carry.

This should be a 3 min. stop at most.

Check ID/examine weapon(s)/say goodbye.

So what you're saying is that they lost their right by exercising their right? So it might as well have been illegal in the first place. :faint:
Negative! I am saying they lost the right because of how they exercised the right.

Had they just carries their pistols in accordance w/the law sans cameras and negative attitudes they would still have that right.

As I have said a few times here, prior to getting my citizenship the only way I could carry my firearm was via open carry. Had I pulled the mess that these "activist" pull I may have ended up losing that and a bunch of other rights. I may have even lost the privilege to get into LE.

I'm not anti open carry. I am anti stupidity, and this mess is stupidity.

However even when they were carrying cameras they were still within the confines of the law and were still accosted. Yeah the attitude could have been fixed but being a dick isn't against the law.

However even when they were carrying cameras they were still within the confines of the law and were still accosted. Yeah the attitude could have been fixed but being a dick isn't against the law.
I wouldn't say accosted, and I agree being a dick isn't against the law. I'm grateful for that, if it where I'd be in some serious trouble!

That said, if someone calls the police and says there is a man with a gun walking around the police have to check it out. The individuals with the camera are looking for a confrontation with LE. The officer is just doing his job.

Just for arguments sake, this guy has a plan to kill his co-workers, the department gets calls about a MWAG and just do a cursory check like many are advocating. Don't dig any deeper, don't try to talk to the guy. He makes it to his destination and kills a bunch of people. Now what? What will the response be?

Just let the officers do their jobs. They have to answer calls. This is not the way to change laws in a positive way.

Honey is needed, not vinegar.

I wouldn't say accosted, and I agree being a dick isn't against the law. I'm grateful for that, if it where I'd be in some serious trouble!

That said, if someone calls the police and says there is a man with a gun walking around the police have to check it out. The individuals with the camera are looking for a confrontation with LE. The officer is just doing his job.

Just for arguments sake, this guy has a plan to kill his co-workers, the department gets calls about a MWAG and just do a cursory check like many are advocating. Don't dig any deeper, don't try to talk to the guy. He makes it to his destination and kills a bunch of people. Now what? What will the response be?

Just let the officers do their jobs. They have to answer calls. This is not the way to change laws in a positive way.

Honey is needed, not vinegar.
I agree with all of your post. The attitude that someone is being harassed just because they have to speak to an officer amazes me.

I stand by my point that if I was an anti 2a activist this is just the type of thing I would do to make 2a supporters look bad.

See the above, this is the kind of change this type of activism creates!

Roering, I was just using your post as an example. No offense intended and I understand the spirit of your post.
No worries. I get what you're saying.

I'm not anti open carry. I am anti stupidity, and this mess is stupidity.
Well written!

accostedpast participle, past tense of ac·cost (Verb)

Verb:
  • Approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.
  • Approach (someone) with hostility or harmful intent.
I do not think that word means what you think it does.

With the number of staged OC confrontations in the last year, it makes me wonder how long until they round a corner and surprise the wrong citizen(s), or they get rolled by some thugs, and get killed.

Remember the two idiots running around on the street corner with a replica RPG. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1dd_1348672642&comments=1

Really, what's the difference between the two. :dunno:

With the number of staged OC confrontations in the last year, it makes me wonder how long until they round a corner and surprise the wrong citizen(s), or they get rolled by some thugs, and get killed.
At least they'll have their own deaths on camera... :rofl:

Remember the two idiots running around on the street corner with a replica RPG. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1dd_1348672642&comments=1

Really, what's the difference between the two. :dunno:
These idiots keep this crap up and I'm going to lose my right to wander around in a sheet carrying a fake RPG.... :steamed:

Randy

Because they're *********s, that's why.

For the record -

Nowhere in the Constitution is it written that one must be an absolute ******* in order to exercise one's right guaranteed under that document. Too many people, including a number on this board, feel that confrontation is in order, merely to make themselves feel good about carrying a gun. They think, "Man, I really showed that jack booted thug, pig of a cop" when acting like an immature child.

Further, those same *******s get all upset about a cop getting a bit nasty during an encounter, also forgetting that the Constitution doesn't specify that law enforcement officers must be polite all the time.

*******s, I tell ya.

I do think this cop was pretty professional but I also think there is nothing in the Constitution that the kids have to be polite either. You forget it goes both ways.

I do think this cop was pretty professional but I also think there is nothing in the Constitution that the kids have to be polite either. You forget it goes both ways.
I think you missed the point. At least from an leo's point of view.

Unfortunately, many of us are reminded daily. Where wprebeck works, he is probably reminded hourly.

OC Idiot/Street Lawyer: "Under ORS 166.xxx it's illegal for me to possess it and handle it..."

Officer: "No it's not."

Gentlemen, school is in session. :supergrin:

I'll admit, I looked further at his videos (no idea why, maybe because I'm curious as to what my fellow Oregonians are up to), but his interaction with Bend PD was even better.

You thought the OP's video was professional, Bend PD's performances was spectacular, and the officer even suggested that he consider "the other ramifications of [his] actions." Really well done.

I looked at the video. To me it looks like younguns going out for attention seeking. They got their attention from a professional who was being professional. Admittedly I have seen worse on YouTube.
Really, I haven't been on YouTube tons but that's at the top of my "dumbest things to do" list... Those kids are displaying total disrespect for the slain victims and they're families, not to mention their community... and they're doing nothing for the 2nd amendment.
I mean what's the copper supposed to do, just ignore everyone he sees strolling down the street with a rifle (be it an AR or a muzzleloader).
This is ricockulous.

Really, I haven't been on YouTube tons but that's at the top of my "dumbest things to do" list... Those kids are displaying total disrespect for the slain victims and they're families, not to mention their community... and they're doing nothing for the 2nd amendment.
I mean what's the copper supposed to do, just ignore everyone he sees strolling down the street with a rifle (be it an AR or a muzzleloader).
This is ricockulous.
I hear you. Carrying openly in some places has a price to pay. The price is being looked at, especially when one is going about with cameras and looking for confrontations. The larger overall price is how it may ultimately affect a people group for the long term.

Thankfully in Kansas we have the right to conceal carry on a permit, and the right to open carry in public. Even cities where they would rather not have open carry happen will have to bend to the state laws concerning that, or face court, and extra money spent that they would not have to spend. I conceal carry, and I have been told by a LEO working for LVN that we can open carry no problem in LVN.

141 - 160 of 236 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.