Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get better with my new unlimited gun and have a question. My assumption was that I should place the dot in the middle of the tube and then put the dot on the target. I shot about 20 rounds from a nice bench rest and shot a good group that was high and left from the aiming point. Should I adjust the sight or should I change where I align the dot in the sight picture. I guess I am asking, "Should the dot be located in the center or somewhere else in the tube?"
The distance I was shooting was 12 yards and the gun came sighted in for 25 yards. I did not think that would be enough distance difference to be the reason for the point of aim and point of contact difference. (The point of contact is about 3 inches high and one inch left of point of aim) Any hints on shooting an unlimited gun would be appreciated.
The gun came from Mr Carver and is a beauty. She is a joy to shoot and I just need some help with the learning curve for this gun. Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
i put the dot in the center of the lens and the dot on where i want the bullet to impact.

·
5,227 Posts
Actually I don't know if the dot is in the middle of the lense or not. Some zero their dots using a rest of some sort and many zero it shooting off hand like you would in a match. I actually do mine in a combination of those. I set the target out about 15 yds and shooting 3 shot groups being sure the dot is where I want the bullet to impact. I then adjust the dot from those results untill when I put the dot where I want the impact the bullet does actually impact. Then I move the target out to 25 yds and do the same thing till when I put the dot where I want the impact the bullet actually does impact there.

Now since everyones stance and grip is a little different I start over at about 15 yds only now shooting free hand just like in a match. You should need VERY little adjustment. Then I move it out to 25 yds and do the same thing. Again you shouldn't have to make hardly any adjustment.

Now you should be all set. Is my dot in the center of the lense? I really don't know because I want the bullet to impact where I hold the dot.

Think of the dot as looking at the front sight as you should be doing with a stock gun. Your brain will align the front sight with the rear notch automatically with practice. So why worry if it is exactly in the center of the lense.

Hope I didn't confuse you as I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps Bobby Carver or some of the other much more experienced and better shooters than I would want to correct me if I am wrong or add some clarity.

Don

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Mike
I need a little more information.
What type of sight does your UL gun have? (C-More, Tasco)
What type of ammo (bullet weight) are you shooting?

Dan:cool:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. The sight is a C-more and I am shooting white box Winchester ammo. I have been trying to keep the dot centered in the tube and then place it on the target. I will try using it as a front sight and see if it shoots to point of aim. I suspect it will. Thanks again.

Mike

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update-I took her out shooting again and had a better day. I used the dot just like a front sight instead of trying to position it in the center of the tube. The elevation is perfect and she shoots a great group. It shoots about 2 inches left for me, so I just need to adjust the windage and I am good to go.

·
5,227 Posts
Mike;

Sounds great. Just finish getting that dude set up and we will see you at Anniston in a couple weeks. Keep us posted as to your progress. I think you are really going to have a ball shooting this one.:cool:

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts