close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

United States Postal Service (Rant)...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SGT HATRED, Oct 9, 2012.

1. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Short rant but I am extremely pIssed none the less. I moved In wIth my then gIrlfrIend over 2 years ago. I have been recIevIng my maIl for the vast majorIty of that tIme. About a month ago I see thIs wrItten on the maIlbox.
    [​IMG]

SInce It Is wrItten In magIc marker I dIdn't really thInk anythIng of It. Now fast forward to today. I ordered multIple Items form Amazon and haven't receIved them. When I trIed trackIng the package It's reason was "undelIverable due to Incorrect address" I found thIs strange sInce I made no changes to my account. So I call the post offIce and was told that sInce my name was not wrItten on the InsIde of my maIlbox I can not recIeve packages. As you can tell from the pIc It Is a cluster box but we do have our own street address. I can't understand how thIs Is legal. WIthholdIng my maIl when the only notIce Is a hand wrItten statement addressed to no one. If the sellers on amazon try to recharge me for shIppIng I am serIously goIng blow a gasket.

GettIng Into what Ifs here but, what If I had some tIme sensItIve maIl I dIdn't recIeve due to thIs BS? What about addItIonal shIppIng charges I mIght recIeve? Can I hold the post offIce responsIble for those due to theIr lack of formal warnIng? I'm consIderIng wrIttIng my name wIth a nasty note but I don't know. If I legally changed my address on my state ID I don't feel the need to put my name out there (or on the InsIde of my maIlbox) for randoms to see.
    :steamed:

Ugh spellcheck got the better of me. I'm not going through and changing all those I's

2. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

Every mailbox I ever had have required at least the last name of the occupants inside the mailbox. This is nothing new. All it requires is a handwritten note inside the box. With regards to the Amazon package, of course the shippers should charge for shipping again, they will have to pay for it again, and they did nothing wrong. Why should they pay for your mistake?

3. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

My mistake? I have recieved mail for almost 2 years at this address. Now without warning they stop my mail because of a handwritten sign? Thats some BS right there...

4. bmoore

bmoore

Atleast they wrote you a note. When I put up a new mailbox and post last spring I put the numbers on the outside and thought I was GTG. The mail lady just drove by everyday until I went outside and asked what the problem was. She told me we needed the last name in the mailbox.

5. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

I think this is a little different than putting up my own post and box... But I'm sure I would be pissed just the same.

6. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

Why do they need a name?

A legal address is all they should require.

What about mail addressed as "occupant". No one named occupant lives in my home.

7. Adjuster

Adjuster

I have lived in several places with the cluster type boxes. All of them have required that my name be written inside the box. I will say however that the mail carriers always complete this for me. I have never had to personally put my name in the box.

/

8. captainstormy

captainstormy

Odd, I've lived on a few apartments that had similar boxes and never put my name or anything on the inside.

Been getting my mail fine here for 6 years. I know the apartment complex didn't put anything in there because I had to get the key straight from the post office.

Of course the amazon shippers are going to charge you again. They have to pay again.

I rarely agree with the OP in a rant, but yea why the sudden change and you could atleast leave a real note.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  9. ray9898

ray9898

I have lived in a 1/2 apartments over the years and every one of them had the names of the current residents on the inside of the box.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  10. ray9898

ray9898

Because apartments change hands so frequently. No one wants mail from the previous resident and you will find threads on this very site complaining about that. That allows the mail carrier to determine what mail is correct and what should be returned. Anything addressed to the 'current occupant' would be delivered.

11. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

We are not talking appts here, I want to point out that I live in a house with a street address. 2 years this has been a non issue....

12. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

I live in a house with a street address also, and we have cluster boxes, with little slips of paper with our names inside them.

13. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Good for you, do you want a cookie?

14. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

Sure, you can mail it to me, and I am sure I will get it.

15. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Ok that did make me lol... But I'm still livid.

16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

ON the mailbox???

12 yrs or so ago, I went to a client's house. He had some comedy name on the mailbox. Like Fugawee or something similarly humorous.

"You can't seriously get mail here, do you?"

"What difference does the name make?" he replied. "They deliver mail to a NUMBER, not a name."

Maybe that's changed.

:rofl:

17. bigchuck83

bigchuck83

not sure what can be done, i know when i put in a change of address form my mail still went to my old address for at least 2 months. filed a complaint and within 24 hours i had a phone call from a postal inspector saying the issue would be looked into. Within a week my mail finally started showing up. where i live the is a cluster box for my apartment complex and there are no names on the inside of the boxes.

18. captainstormy

captainstormy

I just checked mine out of couriousity. No name, and no obvious place for a card or anything.

I do get mail with other peoples names on it from time to time. Its obvious they just mail to the address.

19. bmoore

bmoore

No, in the box not on the outside.

20. BigMoneyGrip

BigMoneyGrip

Write your name on the box with a crayon.