close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

unfriendly attitude

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by MRJ, Mar 16, 2004.

1. MRJ

MRJ

When I first joined this outfit people were very helpful and seemed very knowlegable. Lately they seem very nasty and sharp tounged. If I were an expert I wouldent need this site but I'm not. I would appreciate it if everyone would be a little more compasonate towards the rookies in the crowd instead of being so critical.

If that doesen't work for you, well you can kiss my Glock.

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

MRJ, this is a large site with many, many thousands of members. That's quite a diverse group. You're going to find people of different personalities and attitudes in a group such as that. Also people sometimes have a bad day. Don't judge a whole group of people by the attitudes or temperments of a few. Also when we discuss hot topics such as religion, politics, laws, guns, etc, etc. our feelings and thoughts are ingrained and sometimes when another person comes along with just as strong convictions, albeit in another direction, they will lock horns. Sometimes you'll pop in a thread at the wrong time and will be caught in the crossfire. Don't let it get to you. You will argue with someone tonight and tomorrow be giving them kudos for something else you agree on.

The main thing is not to let your temper get in the way of having a good time and enjoying the sight. The rules are posted in a sticky in the Front Office Forum here. If someone blatantly disregards those rules just hit the "report this post to a moderator" prompt at the bottom of the offending post and leave the disciplining to the Moderators and Administrators.

Just have fun and leave the driving to us! Eddie C.;f

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

MRJ,

I don't know what happened in other areas/threads, but I'll agree with Eddie on all counts and also take a moment to welcome you here. Enjoy the good stuff, ignore the idiots (the population ratio of good vs. doofus DOES swing wildly sometimes...).

I like that "leave the driving to us" comment (picturing Eddie in a Greyhound bus driver hat...).

;f

4. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

and welcome to GT. I hope you can enjoy your time here and gain some valuable information.

5. MyGlockRocks

MyGlockRocks SLABSIDER

GT is just like real life. There are some who will be your friends, some who will never like you, and some who have not made their minds up. I've be cussed, threatened, accused, and abused, but you'll still find me here. Tougher and wiser than ever. If we all agreed on every little thing, just think what a bore GT would be. Who would even want to spend time here? Live and learn. Like Eddie said, we all have our beliefs and convictions. That doesn't mean anyone who may disagree with us is a Bad person. The interesting thing is to see how people support their ideas and beliefs, and why. There are numerous forums, something for everyone. If I don't like a forum, or totaly disagree with a post, or get PO'd, i may jump in and raise Hell or ignore it. You have to know when to say when.

Now this thing about Eddie C driving a bus, I'm just gonna have to contact the D O T. That may be too much!;c

6. ninpo1

ninpo1 Guest

I agree with the above comments by the person that started this thread. More times than not, when someone is trying to ask a serious question, the "Senior Members" are usually the ones that I see that make ridiculous comments. Obviously, if everyone was as knowledgeable about guns as they are, then the less knowledgeable person would not have asked the question.

The other thing annoying to me are the posts that state that the original person should have just done a search on that topic. If everyone just searched and never posted anything new, then the number of posts would go dramatically down because all of the questions would have already been answered and there would be fewer and fewer questions to ask. The problem with this is that many of us who are new would not have the chance to interact with the newest post of the same old question that many have seen before. Many of us have not. Maybe we should just do a search of all posts and read them. Then, we'd never post a duplicate question... I think that I learn from the new posts. I like reading them there even if they have been posted before in the past...

Anyway, this is a great place to learn and there have been many helpful posts from more experienced people...

7. AZRob

AZRob street cop

MRJ,

Ditto the above, and I especially second what Eddie C. and MyGlockRocks said.

So, welcome. Take what you can use from the forums, take the rest with a grain of salt, and thanks for voicing how you felt instead of just writing off GlockTalk.

8. Glockslinger MI

Glockslinger MI Stylin' Member

Ah, go screw yourself!

(Sorry -- just messin' with ya! :) )

The gang here is generally pretty darned civil. I know that nobody ever treated me like the dumb ignoramus I was when I first joined. I've learned a lot, and I'm sure you will too. Welcome to the party!

9. ragnarock47

ragnarock47

MRJ, it is an natural occurrence in message boards. It doesn't matter which board you're at, if there is a large amount of people, at certain times, the board gets moody. It most likley will pass, then flair up again at another time, then pass, and flair up again.

It seems the old timers have answered the questions so many times they forget at times to be civil to new people and either refer them to the info elsewhere, or just keep quite. It happens on my message board quite a lot. There is very little new info, and the same q's keep getting asked.

10. gudel

gudel

some of these people are jerks, i've introduced them to my friend, "ignore list" ;f they seem to get along well ;f

11. Tvov

Tvov

Actually, when I first started here, I didn't know about the search function, until someone said "do a search!". Yes, it annoyed me, but a lot of things annoy me! When someone says "do a search", it may actually help a new member.

12. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

MRJ you are going to have to learn to ignore some of the BS that
    goe's on in a room with 32000 members. Some of the older members
    are abit cranky about hearing the same post 1000 times. Although
    if these questions were not asked, we would not have a forum.

If the older members that have heard the same thing time after
    time, and complain. I think that it is time for them to go
    elsewhere....where their knowledge & arrogance will be taken
    for what it is. Some of these people that complain know more
    about firearms than etiquate. They feel that they are the Cock
    Roosters at GT.

Anyone who complains about the same question being asked over and
    over, have worn their welcome out in GT.....Just because someone
    has over a 1000 posts,some members feel that they are an authority.

This room is full of arrogant a**holes....just hang around & you
    will find out. Although you will find a gold mine of info.
    if you stay. This room has a click of a few folk who would like
    to run it their way.

Welcome to Glock Talk....Hang around and you will get alot of
    informed ansewres..you'll soon learn who to listen to and who
    not to......Rick

13. MRJ

MRJ

Thank You all for the positive responsis. I will remain a fathiful GT reader. You guys are right the emotions flair about small issues. The one that got under my sadle blanket is the guy that in the past scalded me for saying clip instead of magazine. This ain't my first goat rope. However I figured that a guy that scalded me for that has no life. Thank all of you for displaying a positive attitude about GT.

14. MyGlockRocks

MyGlockRocks SLABSIDER

LOL! Clip or magazine. Most of us know what you mean. Think about it. Just how many words in the English language have the same meaning. Yea, yea, I know. You read a magazine. But I have also read CLIPS from newspapers. The rear window in my truck is a SLIDER, which in Alabama is a turtle...... there is no end to it! We have CCW, CCL, CCP........;c

15. Glockslinger MI

Glockslinger MI Stylin' Member

Here in Michigan it refers to a certain fast food burger, also commonly referred to as "one-bite whiteys." :eek: