close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unexpected ring of doorbell, 9:30 PM!

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by MSgt Dotson, Feb 13, 2010.

1. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Had an unexpected doorbell ring last night, about 9:30...; my ferocious 10 pound Miniature Doberman Pinscher went ballistic at the sound of the doorbell, as always!

As i had heard no cars pull up, I assumed it might be one of my daughters' friends. As I looked out the window, I saw a male, running down the sidewalk at Olympic speeds....! Might have been simply a typical teenager prank, or, might be someone casing the house, as there have been a few 'kick in the door- home invasions' near Omaha area the past few months.

Much as this could have been a GLock 35/20/21 story, I'm sorry to say I peeked out the door to make sure my Beemer X5 was unmolested with a ....

Mossberg 590!

No shots fired, but, it stayed at my side the rest of the evening! ferocious min Dobie bark save!? :)

2. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Yup!

When my dogs bark, I let them for a little while before quieting them down.

The house next door has been burgled, but no one has touched our house.

I credit the dogs for that.

??? Pictures of your mini-dobie ?????

3. user

user VaLegalDefense

My burglar alarm:

[​IMG]

People ask me, "What kind of dog is that?", to which I respond, "He's a very, very dark brown dog." Then they want to know whether he's supposed to bite the burglars. "No", I say, "He's just supposed to make his noises to wake me up - I'll bite the burglars." Having mastiff and boxer in his ancestry, he makes some interesting sounds when he goes on "intruder alert". He's got this ungodly bone-chilling howl he does, followed by a series of very low-pitched barks. Sounds a lot bigger than his 120 lbs.

Sometimes, I wish someone would break in, just so I could see their reaction to the dog.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  4. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Was that your house? My daughter just begged me to go door to door one last time to finish selling her girl scout cookies, but one house this dog went crazy and...

5. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

Minpins are good little guard dogs. I don't have one now, but you would never tell..:cool:

Attached Files:

6. 357sig glock

357sig glock

the MO of door kick ins is this. they ring the door bell for like 10mins straight. then.........kick in the door or go around back and break in.

7. ducati

ducati

I am sorry to say my 2 pot lickers have gone deaf other than very loud sharp noises. Jack Russell Terriers 15 and 16 year old.

8. Waters47

Waters47 B/CO 2-506CIR

:rofl::rofl::rofl: thats good stuff man

9. perkins3120

perkins3120

my dogs are so friendly they would let someone in and if you gave them a treat they would probably help them load up thier truck lol

10. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Late at night I always answer the doorbell with my six best friends. In fact unless I look out and see it's someone I know I always answer the door with my six best friends. Sometimes Ruger, sometimes Smith. And if it's a Glock, then it's more like my 12 best friends.

Deaf

11. Defender77

Defender77

Good job!

Hope you gave your dog a scoobie snack after that