close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Underwood Ammo w/ Stock G20 SF ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Vitals, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Vitals

Vitals

I'm trying to decide on which Underwood load to go with for a SD round. I realize I want a Hollow Point but which 10mm round is going to work best in my stock G20 SF. The Delta Elite Bonded Hollow Point has a review on it that says it works well with the stock spring but it this true? If so, is it only true with this particular round and not with the other Underwood Loads. I am wanting them in 180 grain. Thanks guys your input would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin @ Underwood is really a great guy and this situation worked out for the best. I am getting an all around better set up and I am glad I'm not giving that ***** down the road my business. *If you don't know what I'm talking about look at my last post "Bummer"

2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIj5YwjFYg"]Gen 4 Glock 20: The 10mm Glock Delivers. - YouTube[/ame]

Take a look at the ejection in the video above. When I'm using Underwood Gold Dots it's the 165gr (in the video, I say something like 'this is Underwood....'). The gun is a Gen4 but the spring weight is the same so your ejection patter should be the same as well.

I'm not sure if it helps but it's the best I can do.... :dunno:

3. avenues165

avenues165

Sorry about your "Bummer" post, that guy sounds like a jerk.

I can't speak of functionality in your gun, but either 165gr at 1,400fps or 180gr at 1,300fps in a bonded bullet sounds like a winner to me. The options may change based on your applications, for example, you may want a different load for home defense if you are worried about overpenetration.

I think that regardless of what you pick you will get high quality ammunition.

4. Vitals

Vitals

Haha weird, I just watched this video last night. I'm shooting a Gen 3 and I will be shooing 180 grains. Do you think that would make any difference ?

5. Vitals

Vitals

Yeah I am going with the Hollow Point for that reason. I am planning on buying boxes of total metal jackets for the range. I'm just trying to figure out if I can have ammo shipped to my apt in California..... :whistling:

6. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

I don't. I also have a Gen3 21 with a conversion barrel. The only time it hasn't been reliable with the factory spring is with 135gr hot ammo. I think the slide is just moving too fast with that round.

It's shot everything from 155gr to 200gr without failure using the factory spring. That said, with a 20lb spring the ejection seems more consistent.

7. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

I have an old 1992 Gen2 G20 and have fired everything from the old Norma full power loads to 135gr@+1,600fps to 155gr LSWCs @850fps, 175gr STs and everything in between and if you are going to shoot hot reloads or full power loads you should step up to a 20lb recoil spring. I use the captured SS LW guide rod and a 20lb spring.

Buy a couple of springs and change them every 2,000 rounds.

Spyder