Underwood 357sig Under Rated Velocity

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Pilot172, Dec 11, 2019.

1. 0311INF

0311INF

I wonder how long we can keep this thread going.

Nanuk and Railsplitter like this.
  2. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

You seem to not understand what a stop is. A stop is the cessation of hostile activity which is what sitting on the ground is. And since there were about 10 officers pointing guns at him demanding him to stop I very much doubt that being shot was a big surprise. Strange that you miss interpreted a simple video.

Bus007 likes this.

3. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

These are interesting "articles" but none of them dispute the fact that a more powerful handgun is a better fight stopper.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  4. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

As long as there are fan boys and experts!

5. fredj338

fredj338

[/QUOTE]
    Rail no one ever said that, ever. The discussion is the myrh of energy dump. Focus, stop jumping around. All those articles disprove the theory of energy dump. ESPECIALLY the article on officer Lim. Full chest shot, vaunted 357mag, exit wound, everything you want in a defensive shot, yet she not only stayed on her feet but in the fight! No energy dump, no lightenng bolt & she dispatched her attacker with, guess what, well placed, multiple hits from her puny 9mm. I am sure her attacker was counting on energy dump to win but guess what, he lost. Pretty much puts the whole myth to bed but keep at it. Like Joe Biden I laugh my azz off.

AdamRodgers and Teecher45 like this.
  6. Teecher45

Teecher45

[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention articles when all the sig fanboys have is one guys opinion that his sig round did a better job of putting down a wounded deer than a 9mm would have.
    Still haven’t seen a link to it.
    You have no data.
    Only feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamRodgers likes this.
  7. Teecher45

Teecher45

I hope a while longer.
    Every once in awhile I get bored. So I drop in to read about lightning bolt effects, energy dump, fmj’s through radiators, and such nonsense just to get a laugh.

CanyonMan, AdamRodgers and fredj338 like this.
  8. fredj338

fredj338

Only thing better is the Dem debates.:devildance: SeriosLy, I would love to spend just 5m on the range wirh Rail, though I know plenty of guys like him, all bark no bite.:dog:

AdamRodgers, Teecher45 and 10or45 like this.
  9. Pilot172

Pilot172

Funny you mention articles when all the sig fanboys have is one guys opinion that his sig round did a better job of putting down a wounded deer than a 9mm would have.
    You have no data.
    Only feelings.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Here is the link to the officer dispatching the dying deer. It's about halfway down from VASCAR2.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Water_jugs_vs__10__ballistic_gelatin_comparison/16-703834/

Yes, I'm sure you guys will find a way to discredit it: dying deer not the same as a human, he wasn't using the right loads, one guys opinion, different for something half dead, yada, yada. The bottom line is this guy tried many different calibers and loads and the light and fast stood out above the rest.

Speaking about data and links, I have yet to even see "one guys opinion" that 9mm performed better than 357sig or other faster rounds. It's always "it performs adequately or as well". There are a lot of reports of lighter and faster providing a noticable difference in stopping time. There are zero actual shooting reports for slow 9mm performing better. Show me some links were 9mm noticeably outperformed 357 sig in actual shootings, animals or humans.

Nanuk and Railsplitter like this.
  10. Teecher45

Teecher45

On the opposite end of the spectrum.
    I’ve a friend who I’ve known since elementary school. We were firearm instructors together and shot competition together for years.
    I bought a 34 years ago to complete with. He ended-up buying it from me.
    He’s shot and carried it (he’s a big boy) for probably more than 20 years.
    He’s never wavered from the 9, that 34, or the 124 gr. +P GD loads he carries and shoots.
    And he wears me out every time we shoot together. And I’m not bad.
    There something to be said for that.

11. fredj338

fredj338

Here is the link to the officer dispatching the dying deer. It's about halfway down from VASCAR2.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Water_jugs_vs__10__ballistic_gelatin_comparison/16-703834/

Yes, I'm sure you guys will find a way to discredit it: dying deer not the same as a human, he wasn't using the right loads, one guys opinion, different for something half dead, yada, yada. The bottom line is this guy tried many different calibers and loads and the light and fast stood out above the rest.

Speaking about data and links, I have yet to even see "one guys opinion" that 9mm performed better than 357sig or other faster rounds. It's always "it performs adequately or as well". There are a lot of reports of lighter and faster providing a noticable difference in stopping time. There are zero actual shooting reports for slow 9mm performing better. Show me some links were 9mm noticeably outperformed 357 sig in actual shootings, animals or humans.[/QUOTE]
    You are sounding like Rail. NO one said the 9mm performs better. The dispute is the myth of energy dump. Read those articles I linked to. All gunfights & gunfight stats, not opinions. In none of Those is energy a factor, none. Facts are a really stubborn thing, especially if one lives in the internet world of water jugs & 10# blocks of jello.

AdamRodgers and Teecher45 like this.
  12. fredj338

fredj338

I am in a sim position. I shoot every weekend with guys & gals that would put swat guys to shame. Yeah its paper & high speed but if you cant do it on the range, sure as hell wont in the street. So the less skilled will lean on myth & theory & ignore the primary element, ones own skill level. Officer Lim proved that, no energy dump, no exploding body parts, even though she weighed about 120#. People can believe what they want, but ignoring facts, just knda ignorant.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    CanyonMan, AdamRodgers and Teecher45 like this.
  13. Teecher45

Teecher45

Speaking about data and links, I have yet to even see "one guys opinion" that 9mm performed better than 357sig or other faster rounds. It's always "it performs adequately or as well". There are a lot of reports of lighter and faster providing a noticable difference in stopping time. There are zero actual shooting reports for slow 9mm performing better. Show me some links were 9mm noticeably outperformed 357 sig in actual shootings, animals or humans.[/QUOTE]

You probably shouldn’t hang out over there. They actually respect Dr. Robert’s findings.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  14. Pilot172

Pilot172

I was over there looking at the water jug test as I just did a water test myself. Just happened to come across the deer dispatching comment.

15. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

More energy is more energy it effects ALL aspects of a rounds performance. Penetration, bullet expansion, wound cavity size, barrier penetration and others as well as having a greater energy dump. Energy increases a rounds performance in ALL areas but more so the energy dump associated with greater velocity which the slower rounds are lacking. Remember....a balanced ballistic package.

And we have all heard the old story of the officer shot in the chest and lived to tell about it. Every shot and every fight is different as will be the outcomes.

16. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

Yes when your caliber argument reaches impoverishment fall back on the old shot placement is everything dodge.

17. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

You have no data.
    Only feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

18. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

[/QUOTE]

Dude that's pretty weak, just sayin.

19. fredj338

fredj338

Rail you have said more times than I can count that energy alone wins the fight. Which is pure BS & when others point out bullet matters, shot placement matters, you default to all fights are unique. So then you finally admit that there really is no energy dump or lightening bolt affect. Finally, a brief moment of lucidity. Carry on.

Teecher45 and AdamRodgers like this.
  20. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

He's learning. That's why he avoids talking about this gem:

I'm dating myself again but the saying goes, "Placement. Penetration. Everything else is just angels dancing on the head of a pin."

Teecher45 and fredj338 like this.