Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Semper Fi
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, AK noob here. This has probably been discussed, but here goes. I have a Yugo underfolder, and have run into a problem where a pin comes out when the button is pushed to fold/unfold the stock (Forgive me, I don't know the proper names). What is the fix for this? Can I put a roll pin in place of the solid pin, does it need to be staked, or do I need to peen it? I would rather use the roll pin if that is acceptable.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Get yourself a "spring loaded center punch" from harbor frieght for $3 and then pull the pin,put a few "dimples" on the edge of it and drive her back in.

·
Lay Them Waste!
1,615 Posts
Sorry, AK noob here. This has probably been discussed, but here goes. I have a Yugo underfolder, and have run into a problem where a pin comes out when the button is pushed to fold/unfold the stock (Forgive me, I don't know the proper names). What is the fix for this? Can I put a roll pin in place of the solid pin, does it need to be staked, or do I need to peen it? I would rather use the roll pin if that is acceptable.

Thanks for the help.
In all the "reading" I've done on these pins that "back out," (I own an M70AB2 as well and love it), it's my understanding that the Yugoslavians who designed the changes in these rifles included these "extra" pins to hold the cover on when grenades were fired (something the origional Soviet design wasn't meant to do). It's also why they built up the receiver somewhat. *Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

As a result, if you end up losing the pin, it's not the end of the world. Your rifle should still function just fine... So long as you don't take to launching too many Yugoslavian rifle grenades from it. ;)

As for a 'fix,' I know you can just replace the pin, but I'm not sure of welding or whatever... If I were to lose mine, I'd probably just leave it alone and not worry about it. (Unless, of course, Carlos or somebody says I'm an idiot and that my rifle would be destroyed in a catastrophic ball of fire if I don't get it fixed.) :steamed:

·
AK Fanatic
2,883 Posts
You are an idiot and your rifle will be destroyed in a catastrophic ball of fire if you don't fix it.

:supergrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you currently have the original foregrips on? I've only run across this problem when I installed the UTG quad rail because the stock cannot seat flush when folded. No big deal if the pin didn't wiggle out preventing it from locking into position when attempting to fold stock out.

Maybe there is a thicker pin at a hardware store, or use super glue.

·
Lay Them Waste!
1,615 Posts
Do you currently have the original foregrips on? I've only run across this problem when I installed the UTG quad rail because the stock cannot seat flush when folded. No big deal if the pin didn't wiggle out preventing it from locking into position when attempting to fold stock out.

Maybe there is a thicker pin at a hardware store, or use super glue.

When I first got my M70, I switched out the top foregrip for an Ultimak gas tube so i could mount a red-dot. Once i burned my hand on it a couple of times, i put the origional furniture back on and decided to be content with using the iron sights (since my groups never really improved with the red-dot sight anyway).

All that to say, yes, I have my origional furniture on it with no plans to change them out. (I've also heard that quad rails like yours make the gun heavier... Something I'm not all that excited about, either, since mine already tips the scales at 9+ pounds loaded.)

If I had your problem with the pin, I'd probably just leave it alone. But if I did try to 'fix' it, I'd just JB Weld it in or something like that, and not worry about it--provided that didn't interfere with the stock's ability to fold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts