Underbelts/ccw belt

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ricky, Jun 14, 2020.

1. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

I am looking for a belt to use under my gunbelt but can be used as a ccw type belt. I am looking for the buckle to no interfere with the gunbelt if possible.

2. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Beltman, as good as it gets, pretty much custom made;

https://www.thebeltman.net/collections/gunbelts/products/no-buckle-bullhide-gunbelt

That's their buckle-less belt; I have been wearing one of their regular belts every day for years ( as my off-duty every day belt) and it is probably the best belt I have ever had; A REAL gun belt (not just some stiff leather belt or a .511 "tactical : belt or some other foolishness) costs, but the difference is night and day.

fla2760 and blueiron like this.

3. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

H
    My concern with those would be a gun grab and making sure it doesn't easily tear the belt away, I take it you have this particular one and the velcro doesn't come apart that easily?

4. M7425

M7425

5. blueiron

blueiron

I wear a Beltman metal lined belt, but with a conventional buckle. Not inexpensive, but they are worth it. Their leather is not the thin flexible stuff you see today.

6. collim1

collim1

I second Beltman. I have had two of his belts for about 15 years now and still going strong.

I don’t know that I would consider wearing any good concealed carry belt as an inner belt. I hate the Velcro buckless inner belts because they don’t last long. But I don’t want a thick leather belt with a big buckle underneath my duty belt either. Too thick of a belt underneath your duty belt and your keepers will not snap up.

I wear a Safariland Garrison belt as an inner belt. It’s thin and flexible enough not to cause hot spots around my waist, but it holds my duty belt secure. Not really a good carry belt for anything more than a baby Glock or a snubby revolver. It’s enough to hold up your duty gun in a paddle holster for the ride home but I wouldn’t use it as my all day off duty concealed carry belt.

7. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM