"under attack" piece on Hannity

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  2. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Wow! Thanks for posting that.

3. G-30Jet

G-30Jet

Life in fractions of a second. Wow, that was bad.

4. Glenn129

Glenn129

Great Post!

If do-goodies want to help all citizens they would help to get laws passed that would impose the death penalty for anyone using a gun in the commission of a felony, and leave the legal gun carrying citizens alone. The next thing they could do is to demand our judicial system to execute these laws.

5. Berto

Berto woo woo

With 6 LEO's in my State over a short few months, there's no doubt something is up.

I guess my question is.... what?

Economy?
    Distrust...like too many incremental laws?
    Or in the case of the Lakewood incident, ineffective prosecution?

I was always taught to respect and cooperate with LE, but I also see normal folks who are becoming distrustful of LE, seeing it as some sort of armed tax collection.
    Is it really a 'trend', these shootings, or just a reflection of the times?

6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Yup, more of the same this week.

7. nursetim

nursetim

It reminds me of a book I read called "unintended consequences" only in the book they attacked political figures and some federal LEO, mostly atf.

I noticed this trend a while ago. It is EXTREMELY disturbing. It almost seems organized to weaken our defenses and put LE on a hair trigger.

8. krab

krab CLM

None of this surprises me. Our population is growing, the courts and liberals are worried about the perps rights, prison and jails are overcrowded and are becoming higher education for these psychotic scum bags, and too many people have no respect or admiration for our nations law enforcement agencies!

I know it's hard to defend when the officers are ambushed but it drives me crazy when officers go out alone on patrol without a partner. It's just getting too damn dangerous for police to be out alone without someone covering their back.

I don't see any let up on the assaults on police because this country is turning into a mindless violent society with nothing to lose. :steamed:

9. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

I also don't understand why agencies force officers to go on patrol alone. I'm sure it is all about money and lack of resources but when lives are at stake and these attacks occur more often I would hope they would allow them to double up especially at night.

10. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

It's a year later, and unfortunately the trend continues.

11. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I suppose it has a great deal to do with the fact that the good citizens of an area do not want to pay the taxes it would require to fund two men to each car.

I believe that if many jurisdictions could afford it, there would indeed be two officers to every car on patrol. It's simply that doing so would just about double the size of many Departments and Sheriff's Offices. At least it would when considering the amount of officers on patrol.

People just do not want to pay for such a thing. That simple and that complicated.

12. ordersman

ordersman Still Reloading

49 is "under attack" ??? 49 out of how many leo (of all types) tens of thousands - still pretty good odds you will be okay

way better odds than the coal miners of my state

just sayin

13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

How many of those coal miner deaths are the result of homicidal violence?

14. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

Sorry to get the thread locked, but I don't think it's the laws, but the way law enforcement is behaving. Distrust, definitely.

Eagle scouts shot in the face with M-4 when the FBI got the wrong guy, and the cops investigating cops ruling it was a justified shoot because the agent was scared when the kid went to unbuckle his seat belt. Cops shooting unarmed thugs in the back while pinned to the ground, and other cops justifying it telling us how much of a threat a pinned unarmed thug is. NOLA cops killing a drunk who was no apparent threat. Tasing bedridden 85 year old invalids. Falsifying info for warrants, then killing an old grandmother when she defends herself. Killing an unarmed diabetes patient while sitting in his car. Just recently, 2 NOLA cops were convicted of a post Katrina killing of an unarmed man, then trying to burn his body.

We all see this every week on the internet, where 15 years ago, we didn't know it was happening. Criminals see it too.

Criminals now know at the initial contact that there is a strong possibility they will end up dead, so they come up shooting. The only thing protecting a lot of cops is the knowledge that if you kill a cop, every cop will stop what he is doing, put down the doughnuts, find you, and kill you back. But now, criminals know the possibility of getting killed is stronger on the front end, so they have nothing to lose.

Cops are taking their aggressiveness up a notch, and their enemies are responding in kind.

Right now, cops are seeing this video and these statistics, and will be even more afraid. They will be seeing threats behind every bush, behind every wall, in every car, and their trigger fingers will be even more eager. Then the cops investigating cops will decide that considering the number of cops that have been killed, the cops had every right to be afraid of that 90 year old woman hold an umbrella.

IMO, if you want to stop it, then put cops in pairs. At least they will have a better chance. It won't stop every killing, but it would probably stop a lot of them.

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

If you were sincerely sorry, you wouldn't have posted this in the first place.

Failing that, if you were sincerely sorry, you'd edit/delete your post.

jmho

16. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl

Weve had several LEO deaths in my area too, about a week after the last 2, our local department made it mandatory for bullet proof vests to be worn when on duty.

17. ordersman

does it matter - dead is dead

I just don't think Fox news should be giving more ammo to the anti-gun lobby.

18. ordersman

I will also agree some of it has to be distrust. I am not a "cop hater" but in general I do not "trust" leo.

They should also break out how many of these were suicid by cop?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  19. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

I think there's a pretty big difference between a human intentionally killing another human, and a slip/fall death.

jmho

20. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

There is a HUGE difference.

Maliciousness

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.