close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unconscionable

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by blueiron, Jan 23, 2010.

1. blueiron

blueiron

It is amazing to see how much of a degenerate society we are becoming.

Ohio Police Chief Defends Driver Who Didn't Intervene in Roadside Rape

Saturday, January 23, 2010

TOLEDO, Ohio — An Ohio police chief is defending a driver who called 911 but didn't do more to stop a woman from being raped along a street in broad daylight.

Toledo Police Chief Mike Navarre says the witness did the right thing and could have risked her own safety if she tried to intervene.

In an interview with The Blade published Saturday, the driver said she feels guilty and hasn't been able to sleep well since the Tuesday attack.

On the 911 call, the driver describes a man removing the pants from a woman lying on a sidewalk. Police say several other people called 911 but they weren't sure if it was a fight or something else.

Police have charged a 15-year-old with rape and robbery.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583727,00.html?test=latestnews

2. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

:wow: Broad daylight?????

I thought Detroit was bad, sounds like we've flushed some of our excrement downstream to Toledo...

Randy

3. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

That's pretty darn bad. Although in big cities, it seems non involvement is always there.

4. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

Wow.

Now, my wife is generally a girly-girl when it would come to interrupting a rape, but I'm sure she'd at least pull right up the sidewalk and attempt to "intervene" WITH her Honda, while locked inside.

Me? hahahaha. Dead rapist.

5. Beeman

Beeman NRA MEMBER

I've read about several of these rapes in ohio where a woman is raped in broad daylight, and no one trys to help. That really makes me sick. I pretty much one that believes in being a good witness, but a rape is one situation I'm going to take physical action. I'll leave it at that.

I have a good friend who was beaten and raped 10 years ago I'll never forget seeing her in the hospital. No way am I going to not do something in that situation.

6. madcitycop

madcitycop

7. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

No doubt the same view that those listening to Kitty Genovese's screams as she was being murdered had.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  8. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

I just cannot believe this. Yeah, Detroit sucks, and Toledo has all the symptoms of a ghetto, but for someone to just stand by and not even try to stop something like this? Disgusting. Sadly, we've become a society that believes "it's someone else's job to do that." I weep for the future.

9. gasboffer

gasboffer

Texas Penal Code, 9.32 2-B. You can smoke the SOB!
    clyde

10. ronduke

ronduke

As I recall, in the Kitty Genovese case about 35 different people heard the victims screams and nobody bothered to call 911. (This was in NYC, in the early '60's.) In this case, several people at least called 911.

11. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

The Ohio Police Chief has it right. The woman who called 911 DID do something to stop the rape, she called 911. I'll bet others also witnessed the rape and didn't even bother to call the police.

12. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I'm not going to blame a woman for not trying to physically intervene.

Men are another matter, but didn't see any info on the other people that called 911.

Randy

13. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Equal rights=equal responsibilities.

14. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

A car is a deadly weapon.

15. Scott3670

Scott3670

I don't think I could sleep at night knowing that I could have done more. I would like to think that I would have intervened and done whatever needed to be done to stop the crime.

16. G-man

G-man Millennium Member

In PA deadly force would have been justified by anyone who wished to donate a bullet to the suspect.

I sure would have!

Majority of people are sheep, plain and simple....it takes a real person to step up and do something and put their life at risk and most people just won't do that.

On another note there are still some very good people out there that would, it's sad they weren't around that day to do something more then place a phone call.

G-man
    1*

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  17. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I'm with you there. That is one situation that my conscience wouldn't let me leave alone. I would have to do something. I'm usually pretty much a, "Hands off and let people sort out their own problems" kind of guy. But this, no way! That jerk would have been toast!

18. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Yep. Just sick...

I would think another female would be in fear for her own safety.

Now an able bodied male? How about a 2X4 or tire iron across the head?

19. WarCry

WarCry

A woman was being raped. To the best of my knowledge, that would generally involve the criminal and the suspect in VERY close proximity. How would you go about 'selectively' using a car on one and not the other?

It's easy to say "coulda woulda shoulda", but if she wasn't armed, didn't have any physical way to actually stop the guy, I don't fault her for calling it in and letting someone handle it with a little more force and authority. I can understand her guilt, but she shouldn't be held to blame.

Anyone know the rest of her story? Kids at home that she'd be risking the chance of leaving with no one? Are there other circumstances that we'd never know about? Very likely...

20. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

While I don't expect a woman to go hand to hand with a rapist, I would expect her to do something like scream "HELP" or "FIRE" or "RAPE" or "AFTER CHRISTMAS SALE ON SHOES" or whatever to get attention and get others to do something.

We had something like that happen here about 7 years ago. Woman walking down the street on a major thoroughfare (1 of 3 big main N/S corridors in the city) about 2 blocks from the biggest E/W thoroughfare in the area (Route 66) was raped right then and there on the sidewalk at 6am or thereabouts.

Reports say a guy just pushed her down on the ground and raped her on the sidewalk. People saw and did nothing. Mind you, by 6am, there are tons of traffic around that area, with school buses, parents, workers, etc.

I used to work morning shift, I know what 6am traffic is like in that area.

Disgusting to the core.

I can't stand rapists. They need two bullets for a killin', one to the privates and then second to the head after about an hour. Let them suffer and think about it while writhing on the ground for a while before killin them.