GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8,078 Posts
Pretty soon the Tuskegee Airmen will never have flown planes.

Wonder what’s gonna happen to blues music? Listening to my Robert Johnson collection will probably be deemed cultural appropriation.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
This is a massive and effective change! Can't wait to see all the positive ramifications from this substantive decision! Really, really BIG!
I feel like my racism rating went down a few notches. Thank god Mars took this action. Before I thought it was the decent rice in the orange box, but now I see the error of my racist ways.

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,807 Posts
I never buy Uncle Ben's or Rice-A-Roni. There is a short learning curve to cooking plain rice. Basmati is my favorite and it cooks fast. By cooking a plain rice, you can control the amount of sodium and not have to eat the chemicals you get in processed rice.

I do, too...but not India. #arsenic

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I never buy Uncle Ben's or Rice-A-Roni. There is a short learning curve to cooking plain rice. Basmati is my favorite and it cooks fast. By cooking a plain rice, you can control the amount of sodium and not have to eat the chemicals you get in processed rice.

This is no time for common sense.

·
NRA Life Member
63,390 Posts

·
Registered
8,078 Posts
Reactions: xTerpx

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
I remember when Anderson Consulting changed to Accenture.

Ben is a white name. Not good enough

Bens original should be named Rice pellets or Oryza, can't call it white rice either.

·
Director of civil unrest
8,556 Posts
So what they are trying to tell me is that an African American cannot be recognized for the product of their work?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben's_Original
"From 1946-2020, Uncle Ben's products carried the image of an elderly African-American man dressed in a bow tie, which is said to have been based on a Chicago maître d'hôtel named Frank Brown. According to Mars, Uncle Ben was an African-American rice grower known for the quality of his rice."

Wouldnt taking his picture off be racist?
For shame!!

·
Registered
13,343 Posts

My adult son was on a protein kick for a while. He ate skinless chicken and rice very night. Asked for a rice cooker for Christmas one year. He lived in a one bedroom apt and his girlfriend said the place always smelled of this concoction.

·
Gringo Viejo
28,511 Posts
Just like Land-O-Lakes when the lovely Indian maiden came off the box for virtue signaling, Unc' Ben's has lost a customer.

Yeah, I know it won't hurt them, but makes me feel a little better and I save a few coins in the deal.

They can both get stuffed. I buy Everyday Essential brands. tom. :fist:

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
In all the years we sat at the table, stood next to the stove and had these brands all around us. Has there ever been a negative word spoken about a picture?

Never in my home can I recall this being said. It was either you liked the flavor of said product or you didn't.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
I'm still seeing Aunt Jemima syrup at the store. Weren't they going to change that too?

PC is out of control.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts