close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

UN seeks to take away OUR second amendment rights!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by kindaclever1, Jul 17, 2012.

1. kindaclever1

kindaclever1

I'm sure this has already been posted numerous times. However this is an important issue that needs to be address. So just in case someone has missed it...

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/n...cond-amendment-before-the-united-nations.aspx

Please write your representives!

I'm not a huge nutin'fancy fan, however he has put out a decent video on the matter. Also he gives details, links and a pre made letter all set up and ready to email your law makers. All you have to do is copy and paste the letter, then type your name and click send. Here's his video link.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uru-NXj31uI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]"UN Gun Control Looms" by Nutnfancy - YouTube[/ame]

Please, please, please let your voice be heard on this issue. Do not assume that someone else is going to take care of it and everything will be fine. I assure you it won't be. Edmund Burke once wrote ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ well I believe the same applies to tyranny! Let's let the UN know we will not allow anyone to tread on our second amendment right!

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

GT'er refuses to use the search feature.

News at 6.

3. Restless28

Restless28

You gotta have 60 votes in the Senate to ratify a treaty.

This UN stuff is Alex Jones boogeyman crap.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Out of passive curiosity, if this did pass and if it did apply, who would enforce it? A coalition of troops from Greece, France, Syria, and Somalia? Based on their collective issues would we have to buy their airplane tickets to get here?

5. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Go buy another gun and relax. No Italian troops are coming to your house for your gun:wavey:

6. kindaclever1

kindaclever1

Guy's it takes literally takes a minute to write your rep!

July 17, 2012

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.* I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.**

In 2009, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reversed the Bush Administration's stance and said the United States government would be open to talks regarding a United Nations (UN) Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).* UN delegates have been pushing for international standards to control the import, export and transfer of conventional weapons, including small arms such as handguns and rifles, for many years.* ATT has the possibility of threatening regulations on private firearms ownership within the United States.****

In February 2012, UN delegates completed their final round of preparation talks to discuss how the negations of ATT will take place before talks begin in July 2012.

There are many in Washington who give lip service to the Second Amendment, but vote to restrict gun ownership once they begin serving in public office.* Gun control laws only restrict access to responsible gun ownership.* I remain opposed to this and to any other gun control laws.* I stand fully behind the Second Amendment and our national sovereignty.

Though there are no guarantees President Obama will sign any potential ATT, but should ATT come before the Senate for ratification I will vote against it.**

In hopes of preventing the U.S. from participating in the negotiations, Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) introduced, and I cosponsored, the Second Amendment Sovereignty Act of 2012 (S. 2205).* This legislation would prohibit funding from the United States to be used in any connection with the negotiation of ATT.

S. 2205 has been referred to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, of which I am not a member, where it awaits further consideration.* * * * *

Sincerely,

Rand Paul, MD
    United States Senator

7. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

I knew there was a reason why I donated cash to Rand Paul's campaign back in 2010. :supergrin:

8. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

9. king_John_I

king_John_I Glock Armorer

WTF? How does some other country get to influence our domestic policies? This will never get passed through all the way.

10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I'm as conservative as the next guy and can't wait till the day when we can say "Former President Obama"... but you guys with your chicken little "the sky is falling" mentality need to get a grip.

Easy way to combat this, make sure Obama is not in office on Jan 1.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I have an AK-47 and an AR-15 of which I'm willing to part with for ONE MILLION DOLLARS each. Get them before the UN gets them.

12. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

It's rare that I call people names, but OP, you're being an idiot.

This is NOT real. It is NOT a danger.

The treaty under discussion looks solely at international arms transfers, with a focus on responsible exporting of conventional military weapons. It does NOT relate to the 2nd Amendment.

It is unlikely that the US would sign onto it, but even if they did, it's NOT a threat to gun ownership.

The UN is in general a ridiculous institution whose primary purpose is to create one place for hammerheads to yammer at each other where they're not bothering the rest of us. Every once in a while, they do something not entirely useless.

But of all the pointless BS I see out there, 'UN troops will take your guns' rates right next to 'moon landing hoax' and 'every democrat president in history has had a third nip that spews acid' for reasonableness.

13. Hawkeye16

Hawkeye16

Read your own link. The concerns are real. Just some of the things the article you linked to said are not.

Not getting guns taken away but making the process of buying and owning more precarious.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

Could we at least focus on far more pressing threats, like 'Mark Zuckerberg will sneak into your house and steal your kidneys while you're sleeping if you sign up for Facebook'?

15. tongix

tongix

Send the blue helmets to Chicago ganglands, New Orleans, Camden, NJ, Detroit, Memphis and Miami, Los Angeles and many more ghettoes to disarm these arm groups. America needs help cleaning up these areas .:rofl:

16. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

Good God! Don't do that. Then we will have to go rescue them.
    :rofl:

17. JW1178

JW1178

LMAO, I wish they would.

Anyways,

Dude, this is old crap. Yes the UN wants to disarm all civilians to prevent the overthrow of governments. Too weak they are and no way can it happen. Of course, keep your eye out there, but don't let these radicals scare you in their overexagerated claims.

18. tongix

tongix

Yeah, let the Indian Sikh contingent take the entire 9 th Ward east of New Orleans. They can set up HQ in and near the Chalmette Battleground for all i care. We can provide air cover if they do desire. :rofl:

19. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Why have the Blue Helmets come over to confiscate your guns when the California Highway Patrols is ready, willing and able? Saves on transportation cost AND it's a job that Americans can do.

20. Jumper

Jumper

I'm not convinced that its harmless. Consider if the treaty is drafted ostensibly to regulate small arms transfers around the globe, and Sec of State Clinton signs it, as the Obama administration has said they will do. Then according to the Vienna Convention of 1969 it goes into effect. It then stays in effect until the US President denounces it (fat chance) or, the senate brings it up for a vote. But Harry Reid controls the senate and can simply table it and not even consider ratifying it. So once Clinton signs it it goes into effect by default and it is likely to stay that way until the political balance in Washington tips to the gun friendly side.

Here's a link to an article that describes how international courts throught the Vienna Convention tried to influence the execution of a Mexican National sentenced to death in Texas. Texas told em to go pound sand and executed the dirt bag I believe but it was argued all the way to the supreme court. The Vienna Convention was ignored but it just shows that the Obama Administration can ignore laws when they want to and enforce them when it serves their purpose. No one would argue that Gun Control is their purpose.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/07/in-texas-a-death-penalty-showdown-with-international-law/241480/