Ukraine's Gold...silly barbarous relic

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glocksanity, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Glocksanity

Glocksanity

So, Germany can't get its gold because it's too difficult to just put on a plane and fly back, but Ukraine can just put theirs on one and give it to the U.S.

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2014/03/ukraine-gold-reserve-put-on-plane-for.html

If true, this is what the whole revolution was about. Getting gold to the U.S. government so they could make good on promises kept elsewhere. Same play book as used in Libya.

2. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done

So, you're saying that the USA stole Ukraine's gold?

If Ukraine moved all 33 tons of gold in a single plane to the US they are dumb enough to deserve being conquered by Russia. That is not how gold is shipped.

Mr. HE:cool:

3. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure, when governments are involved, that shipping 33 tons of Gold anywhere in the world can be done safely and securely in two to three days.

4. DaleGribble

I doubt they called FedEx to handle the shipment.

5. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

If moving it is such a hassle, I'll be happy to arrange transportation and safe keeping of it for them. . . . :whistling:

6. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done

Couple of hours if need arises, but not on one plane. The only reason you would ever use one mover is if the alternative to doing so was way worse and nearly certain.

Mr. HE:cool:

7. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Call William Devane!!!!

8. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Only a government full of idiots would put 33 tons of gold on one flight. Besides- why wouldn't they take it to London if they just wanted to get it out of the country? Whole story sounds like BS, just like those claims that Germany would have any problem moving whatever amount of their own gold they decided from storage in NY and London.

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

I think it is very clear that the best course would have been to convert it to Bitcoins and then just email to themselves here in the U.S. :whistling:

10. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I just received your shipment of 33 tons of gold that was left by mistake at my door by UPS. If you would please send me Western Union for $989 I will use the money to ship your gold to you by USPS.

11. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Another one of those "informed by highly reliable people" things again.

I'd like to meet this "Highly reliable people" someday. They seem to have a lot of information, ranging from UFO's, to the spread of AIDS by the US government, to, now, stealing 33 tons of gold.

How does this guy(s) gain so much credibility?

12. sputnik767

sputnik767

Ok, since I just might be the only person here that can read the original source website, I will say that it does not cite any sources, and reads like a conspiracy theory, not a legitimate report. It is essentially a blog, much like the one linked to here.

Neither the source cited here, nor the original source are legitimate in any way IMO.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  13. Adjuster

Adjuster

Given golds weight 33 tons doesnt seem like very much. What is that a couple pallet loads?

/

14. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

It would take up about a third of the capacity of a Boing 777 cargo plane. But no one said it wouldn't fit on a plane, just that it would take a special kind of stupid to put that much gold ( billion and a half dollars worth) on one plane.

15. DaleGribble

I didn't even read the link, I don't care if they converted it to gold plated toilet paper and used it to shoot spit balls at Putin in one final act of defiance.

Who said they put it all on one plane? Besides that, if you were really worried about your 33 tons what kind of idiot would put it all in one place for storage that wasn't called Fort Knox? Even then, that's a whole lot of trust in an administration that failed to honor a treaty.

Personally, if I was the Ukranian head honcho I would have stored it in Switzerland. They wouldn't bat an eye about it.