Uh oh. Just what we need. Not.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Jeff G17, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jeff G17

Jeff G17

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

wouldnt quite call that one mentally stable,

but again we dont know all the circumstances,

to get a trunk to pop open it needs to be hit pretty hard

3. chevy01234

chevy01234

Unfortunately a sociopath got a CCW license, the screening process is like anything else and will have a slip up every now and then.

Glad no one was seriously injured.

4. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

Thats odd, we'll see how the courts handle it. Doesn't sound good for him.

5. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

Why did you put a mad face? Just because he has a permit? This guys obviously need his permit revoked and does not need to be around guns.

6. Jeff G17

Jeff G17

because he got a ccw in the first place

7. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

Sociopath police and military officers slip through the cracks now and then. Why not folks with a license to carry?

8. Jeff G17

Jeff G17

maybe this is where it belongs?

http://www.startribune.com/local/sou...Unciaec8O7EyUr
    A veterinary student was charged Tuesday with four counts of second-degree assault for allegedly shooting at a vehicle at a Burnsville gas station on Saturday, sending its four occupants fleeing for their lives and grazing one of them, a 15-year-old girl.
    The suspect, Marcus A. Rollins, 29, of St. Paul, also stirred fear and concern last year at the University of Minnesota by going into rages and pointing his hand at others as if he were going to shoot them, according to a University Police report.
    Rollins appeared in Dakota County District Court on Tuesday, and Judge Shawn Moynihan set bail at $100,000 without conditions or $70,000 with conditions. Assistant Dakota County Attorney Nicole Nee asked for a high bail amount, saying that Rollins, who has a permit to carry a concealed weapon:steamed:, was apparently motivated only by sheer anger.
    "He could have killed somebody," Nee said.
    The shooting happened shortly before 2:30 a.m. Saturday. A Dodge Durango driven by a man and carrying a woman and two 15-year-old girls pulled up to the pumps at the SuperAmerica at county roads 5 and 42, where Rollins was filling up with gas. The SUV banged into Rollins' car, causing the trunk to fly open and hit his chin, according to a criminal complaint.
    Rollins drew his gun and pointed it at the Durango, the complaint said. The driver of the Durango moved forward and hit Rollins' vehicle a second time before managing to steer past it, at which point Rollins began shooting, allegedly firing four times with his .40-caliber handgun. A bullet grazed the back of one of the teens, causing a minor injury.
    The driver of the Durango started to pull away and got hung up on the concrete barrier of a second set of pumps. He got out and ran away, and the woman and teen passengers ran into the gas station, where an employee directed them to a back room and locked the gas station.
    Tuesday, police continued looking for the driver of the SUV, hoping to interview him as a witness.
    Mark Gehan, Rollins' attorney, told the judge that Rollins grew up in a tough neighborhood of St. Paul, that he has no criminal record and that he does not drink or use drugs. Gehan requested lower bail, noting that Rollins is on spring break from college. Without bail that he could pay, "he's out of school, his life is basically over," Gehan said.
    Rollins' behavior at the university already had raised concerns. Between Feb. 26 and March 2, 2009, a police report says, he went into a rage in class after finding someone sitting in his chair. He began slamming the chair into the floor.
    The next day he swore at students, slammed doors and caused other disturbances as students gave presentations. He pointed his hand at others, pretending that he was shooting them, and that prompted an adviser to express fears that he might return with a gun. Police told Rollins not to return to class until he had permission.
    He is to appear in court next on March 29.
    Joy Powell • 952-882-9017

9. chevy01234

chevy01234

The point I was making is the process is not perfect...I'm not sure if your agreeing with me or questioning my post.

10. DonD

DonD

Quite true, unfortunately, the anti can't understand that, their thought processes don't allow for errors/issues among shooters/firearms owners. Don

11. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I agree with you. No screening process is perfect, and never will be.

12. chevy01234

chevy01234

Got ya!

13. Jeff G17

Jeff G17

what I was thinking.

14. loki993

loki993

Exactly. I fear they could use this guy to be their poster child of what they feel CCrs are. Kinda like the perpetuated myth that all gun owners are drooling, stupid backwoods country hicks. No offense to backwoods country hicks intended by the way.