UH-1 information needed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Falling Crow, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Falling Crow

Falling Crow NRA Life Member

I am going to trailer a UH-1 to my gun club to use in a regional IPDA match (NOT as a target!). I need some information in order to work the logistics, though. The UH-1 in question has no tail boom, engine/transmission or rotors. Does anyone know the following: 1) length of fuselage from nose to where the tail boom attaches to the body; 2) Height of fuselage from the ground to the top of the engine, both from the ground and from the bottom of the cabin (in case the skids have been removed); 3) the width of the fuselage; 4) the length and width of the skids; and 5) the estimated weight of the fuselage in a stripped configuration. Any info will be appreciated.

2. TimC

TimC Uhavthecontrols

The following information is for a UH-1H: (2) The fuselage height not including engine is 6 feet 8.13 inches from the ground. The fuselage belly stands 1 foot 3.48 inches from ground level on standard skids. (4) The landing gear is 8 feet 6.6 inches wide. I don't have the length.

Sorry I do not have any further data since all I have is a -10 Operator's Manual.

Edit to add: I found a -23 in pdf format which shows (1) Fuselage length is about 20.5 feet from nose to tail boom attachment. (2) Height shows 93.76 inches from belly to top of engine cowl. I cannot find any other dimensions or weights you requested so far...

3. Falling Crow

Great! This is a good start! Thanks for the info!

4. Beeg

Beeg

I can take my tape with me to the airport tommorrow and measure one. What model? Or does it matter?

5. Falling Crow

It doesn't matter. I have confirmed that it is on skids, so I need to know the length and with of the skids for trailering purposes...

6. Beeg

Beeg

This is the hulk I measured with my tape. Not sure what model. Maybe a "D".

[​IMG]

Dimensions are not exact but as best as I could do eye balling them. I went about it as if I was going to put it on a flatbed and hual it off. As you can see the total length is about a foot longer than adding up the skids and distances from each end to extremes of fuselage.
    Heights are probably within a couple inches.

Skid width was 8' 7". Fuselage appeared maybe a couple inches wider at the widest point.

[​IMG]

7. Falling Crow

Thanks-this is exactly what i needed !