UFC 122 It's FREE!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Marine8541, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

On Spike TV Saturday the card certainly isn't a PPV blockbuster but there are some interesting fights. The main even looks good and the winner gets a shot at the belt. Nate Marquardt takes on Okami. Also for interest Rivera VS Sakara, Siver Vs Winner, and Sodallah (TUF fame) takes on Sobotta.

Go Nate!!

2. Clint-M

Clint-M

Nate vs. Yushin is the only really interesting fight on the card for me. There are some others that should prove to be entertaining, but I don't see anything that will really surprise me or make me jump out of my seat outside of the main event. The winner will be whoever gets off first in this fight. Nate's best work is when he is offensive (Maia) and worst against someone who will push him (Sonnen), which spells the same thing you could say about Okami offensively he does well (Munoz) when he has been pressured and outworked (Sonnen/Franklin) he looks lost.

I'll give the edge to Okami because his wrestling should get him out of any bad spots and I'm sure training with Chael Sonnen will do wonders for his career since the knock against any Asian/Japanese fighter in an American organization has been training to soft and not coming in prepared.

3. chickenwing

chickenwing

Hope spike shows it again later that night, have to work. :crying:

I'll have to go with Nate for the main event.

Nate's been fighting pretty good, even in the Sonnen fight he almost finished Sonnen in the last round and was able to do lots of damage from the bottom. I don't see Yushin being able to control Nate like Sonnen did though. And Nate's stand up is better.

Predicting Nate taking the win with a TKO in the second.

Rivera VS Sakara. I like Sakara more as a fighter and he has good hands when he stays in range at a distance. But Rivera hits hard. And if Sakara clinches I see it over real fast.

Predicting Rivera with a KO in the 1st.

The other fights not going to make any predictions. Haven't seen those fighters to much, except for Amir.

4. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

Yeah Clint it's definitely not a stacked card but I'm a junkie, chickenwing spike will definitely relay it, they always do.

5. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

I think a few of the fights could be awesome. The names might not be there but the match ups are really good. Either fighter in the main event is looking at a possible second shot at Silva so that's something. I think I would rather see Silva/Okami 2 over Silva/Marquardt though. ETA- If Silva beats Belfort of course.

The penultimate WEC was on last night and there were some great fights. Anyone else catch it?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  6. Clint-M

Clint-M

As am I. I haven't missed a fight (major orgs) since I began watching (UFC 43, Randy vs. Chuck I & Belfort vs. Eastman got me hooked).

I'm more pumped for individual fighters than their fights tomorrow night. Goran Reljic was on a tear when he first came to UFC, had some injuries and has not been doing as well since his return, so I am looking forward to seeing if he will return to his old form, but I don't care for Soszynsky. Could be fireworks though.

I'm pulling for Amir because I think he is a genuine character and a good representative of the sport, but I don't know much about Sobotta.

I think whoever wins the co-main event will be on a four fight winning streak (not the best competition, but that's still impressive), I think it will be whoever lands first. Sakara has been looking very good lately, vastly improved and should be able to counter Jorge well with his boxing to a decision or TKO whereas Rivera will come in like a bull. Whoever lands a clean shot first should win, but that is always the recipe with two fighters with great hands and subpar chins.

7. chickenwing

chickenwing

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010