close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bennwj, Jan 19, 2010.

1. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

Interesting:

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

At the end of the serial number on Trijicon's ACOG gun sight, you can read "JN8:12", a reference to...

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army.

U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents.

One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Other references include citations from the books of Revelation, Matthew and John dealing with Jesus as "the light of the world." John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Trijicon confirmed to ABCNews.com that it adds the biblical codes to the sights sold to the U.S. military. Tom Munson, director of sales and marketing for Trijicon, which is based in Wixom, Michigan, said the inscriptions "have always been there" and said there was nothing wrong or illegal with adding them. Munson said the issue was being raised by a group that is "not Christian." The company has said the practice began under its founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian from South Africa who was killed in a 2003 plane crash.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-mi...bed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794

2. silentpoet

silentpoet

Jambog, but it does make me want one for my sig 556

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Makes me want one, AND A SIG 556! :supergrin::wavey:

4. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

My bad on the Jambog. Came in from PT and saw this on the news......

5. silentpoet

silentpoet

I remember one post where I thought I was first to post some news item. Turns out I was 4th or 5th.

6. Steve0853

Steve0853

Thanks for posting. Its the first I've heard of it.

Good for Trijicon. Believe it, act on it. Nothing wrong with that.

7. engineer151515

engineer151515

yes. :rofl:

8. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Yeah, me too :supergrin:

9. Half-Breed

Half-Breed ..... CLM

-----

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  10. pm666

pm666

IMO, Trijicon will have to change this. USA doesn't want this referred to as a religious war. "Jesus Rifles" killing Muslim's, etc. will not be allowed.

11. Half-Breed

Half-Breed ..... CLM

-----

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  12. Bert.40

Bert.40

I know, it's your opinion. IMO it is a religious war and Muslims do want to kill infidels and Christians. It's been that way for over 2000 years. And now it has reached the United States. And if we don't bomb the h_ll out of Al Queda and the Taliban we will be fighting this war forever. Iran (Muslims) is very close to starting WW III and I hope Obama is prepared to deal with it.

13. LUVMYSIGP225

LUVMYSIGP225

Why not? I come to GT to get my news? :supergrin:

14. speedsix

speedsix

America is trying NOT to turn this into a religious war (for good reason) but stupid makers like Trijicon are making it look like one.

If the owners of Trijicon believe in Jesus so much, why are they designing tools for war and killing people? I know for a fact that Jesus would not approve of his name being used in this way.

Religion is the problem, the answer to a problem is never more of the same problem.

America is not and has never been a purely Christian nation. You can be any religion you want or none at all, we don't care. We fought a revolution to be free from religious persecution and now it seems most of you want it back. :upeyes:

If your religion is so great, just keep it to yourself. Don't knock on my door and blather on about how great it is, I don't care. I don't care what you believe, just keep me out of it.

I hope Trijicon looses the contract, this might send a message that the free ride is over. It is a pretty ballsy thing they did knowing the order not to prosthetize. They just couldn't help it I guess.

15. chuckman

chuckman

Here is a Bible verse for you: "Thou shouldist get thee a life."

I like the "I know for a fact" comment. So you and Jesus have a pretty chatty relationship, do you?

Please pay attention to your second-from-last paragraph: keep it to yourself.

16. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Lithium is no longer available on credit.

17. trifecta

trifecta

Maybe he would not. I'm wondering when he told you this.

18. trihokie84

trihokie84

For over 2000 years, Muslims have wanted to "kill infidels and Christians"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

Sorry, Islam has not been around for 2000 years.

19. Lothar

Lothar Noob

It's not like they just started doing this - it's always been on there. IMO it's not a tool used by the US Military to convert anyone to Christianity, I'm sure most people don't even notice it's there.

I guess the next thing they are going to go after is US Soldiers with bibles.

20. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

When I attended Finishing School they taught us to never discuss religion or politics...with people like speedsix.