U.S. hits highest single day of new coronavirus cases with more than 45,500, breaking April record

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by czsmithGT, Jun 25, 2020.

1. snesn

snesn

There is no data in the link that supports your guesswork. There is also nobody who knows what they're talking about who supports your guesswork.
    After your 'we all have to accept that we're likely to get the disease and we can't do anything about it' effort I'm surprised you don't start to rethink your other nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

Yes, there is. I even told you the specific type of data. It's right there in the wiki link I provided.

Since you seem to be missing it;

"a case fatality rate of 1.95%, which is lower than the WHO's global case fatality rate of 4.34%.[10]"

That supports the idea that Korea is dealing with a mild strain of the virus. Their fatality rate is substantially less than half the global average.

3. snesn

snesn

No, it doesn't support your guesswork. The Koreans have been very clear about this. Early diagnosis (via very extensive testing) and universal, high quality, publicly funded treatment was the key to keeping the death rate relatively low.
    Your preposterous idea that the virus decided to favour South Korea with a particularly weak strain is entirely unsupported.

4. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

O.k. sunshine. If you want to believe that the health care in Korea is better than it is here in the US, you go ahead with that. I'll stick with reality.

And keep in mind, you're also saying South Korea is Best Korea for health care, in comparison to the entire world......

EXCEPT for Thailand, which has an even LOWER mortality rate than Best South Korea. And except for Costa Rica....they have almost no deaths. And their health-care system is world-renowned as the best in the world, almost as good as Thailand's.

Does this then mean that Italy has the WORST health care in the world? I mean Italy must have ATTROCIOUS health care, faaaaar worse than places like Thailand, Costa Rica, and Best/South Korea.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  5. snesn

snesn

What a lot of confused nonsense, there's no coherent argument here at all, nothing to actually argue against. Let me put it this way, is there anyone who knows what they're talking about who supports your weak virus variety theory?
    Anyone, just one will do. There must be someone surely? You can't be a completely lonely genius.

6. Sharkey

Sharkey

Again, weren't hospitalizations going down prior to spike? Y or N. If they were, how do you take that data and now multiply that there will be increased hospitalizations in the future? You said it, I am just trying to figure it out.

You know they practice medicine right? Do I trust Fauci now about the masks or earlier when he cared not one chit about me but was concerned masks were for med. Staff? Same for CDC, do I trust them now or before or even before COVID started when they said gun violence was a disease. I guess like alcoholism? Why weren't masks restocked under BHO? It is all these little threads that begin to undo the ball of yarn the left has spun about WuFlu. Again wear a mask if it makes you feel better but stop telling me what to do.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    nrajeff likes this.
  7. Sharkey

Sharkey

Again, you and tacit mesa keep saying that but then you want me to use common sense. Also you can't prove that the above is what caused the spike. I asked tacit mesa for proof and got nothing so go ahead post some true and verified data.
    Do you listen to govt. Experts in other things such as hate speech and gun control or just when it comes to WuFlu?

8. Sharkey

Sharkey

Well to be fair to Cuomo, he stopped sending the infected to nursing homes

nrajeff likes this.
  9. slym2none

slym2none

Also, DiBlasio stopped telling people to ignore all the "misinformation" being spread about the Kung Flu.

10. CBennett

CBennett

What part do I need to understand...I dont hide in my house I basically live the same life I did before all this ...if a business has a sign that says wear mask or even mask not required but its inside I wear one..if its outside and im not shoulder to shoulder with people(like at the farmer's market i went to Wed) I dont wear one..they had a indoor part when I went in I put one on...but am I "worried" about getting it? NOPE.... do I avoid places(well other than COVID hospitals I mean...but im talking places id actually go) because of it also NOPE...Ive went to several and will continue to go...Restaurants and Brew Pubs with indoor eating now (no masks) and will continue to....thats what I mean about I dont cower and be scared and stay inside like they want you to.

faceplant likes this.
  11. snesn

snesn

Abbott has been incredibly incompetent and inclined to believe fake ideology over science but even he has been forced by reality to start facing facts:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/26/texas-bars-restaurants-coronavirus-greg-abbott/

You should try joining him in the reality-based world.

12. Sharkey

Sharkey

13. snesn

snesn

14. snesn

snesn

Lol, it's a lot more reliable than the hobgoblins running around in your head.
    Abbott says this because that's what disease control professionals are telling him. People who rely on science, not warped ideology.

15. snesn

snesn

It's time to come out of the ideological bunker and start blinking in the harsh daylight. This from the New York Times today (I know you hate the Times but I'm not interested):

"If June was the month when the pandemic spiraled from America’s grasp, July seems destined to be month when the country will learn just how bad it will get.

The United States reported nearly 50,000 new cases on Wednesday, the fifth single-day case record in eight days, as the nation staggered toward a holiday weekend burdened by a pandemic that is only growing worse."

16. Sharkey

Sharkey

nrajeff likes this.
  17. Sharkey

Sharkey

So you don't have any factual and verifiable studies? I didn't think so.

18. snesn

snesn

No irrelevant diversions please. So you're saying that Abbott didn't say what the Times reported him as saying?

19. snesn

snesn

Um, what do you think his science professionals are relying on? This is embarrassingly juvenile.

20. thespork

thespork

We're at "I demand you provide studies my theory I came up with ISN'T true"... Stage...

snesn likes this.