U.S. hits highest single day of new coronavirus cases with more than 45,500, breaking April record

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by czsmithGT, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Sharkey

Sharkey

Not understanding that. How do you gauge that? You have many hospitalized due to prior medical conditions aggravated with Covid. You have people going to hospitals that shouldn't. It is like the death rate, how true are the figures we get?

All that said, weren't hospitalizations going down prior to the spike?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

2. Sharkey

Sharkey

Largely uncontrolled spreads as in protests and riots? That seemed like common sense but when I pushed that rationale, tacit mess was having none of it.

The experts are saying 80% will be infected. I think that will probably be true. You don't think the lethality of the virus will decrease over time? I mean I know it is high at 1.5% dealing with all those verified deaths from Covid but still? (Last sentence is sarcasm)

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

3. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

Dunno....do you believe Wiki?

The article states they only restricted travel for people coming from the Hubei province of China, where COVID came from. And they specifically mention "Different measures have been taken to screen the mass population for the virus, and isolate any infected people as well as trace and quarantine those who contacted them, without further lockdown." Sounds like they didn't lock anything down unless there was a serious, clear reason to do it. While we here in the US have locked everything and everyone down for months, and ruined our economy in the process. This does not support your point of view.

Second, the article definitely supports the idea they have had a mild version of the virus. Their case mortality rate suggests that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_South_Korea

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    nrajeff likes this.
  4. snesn

snesn

May I suggest you rely on what the doctors and hospitals are telling us?
    Or do you prefer to go with some nonsense that says they are too incompetent or corrupt to be trusted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. kody1234

kody1234

if the dems get Trump out of office,the flu will quietly go away.they have tried everthing else.

faceplant and nrajeff like this.
  6. snesn

snesn

You like to keep digging don't you?

Firstly the restrictions were and are much more extensive than just travellers from Hubei.

There is zero evidence that they had a weak version of the virus. Where did this weak version come from and why did it decide to only holiday in South Korea? It's ridiculous and preposterous.

7. M&P15T

I have presented the data to you that is evidence of a mild strain of COVID. If you want to counter that argument, provide data that supports your assertions.

You've provided nothing so far, except opinion, hyperbole, and fear mongering. Nothing factual, no raw data, nothing to support anything you're saying. You've demanded supporting data, and you've gotten it. Then you completely dismiss the supporting data because it doesn't support anything you're saying.

Time to grow up kid. We're waiting for you to actually contribute something other than disbelief.

Sharkey likes this.
  8. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

LOL!

9. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

LOL!

10. snesn

snesn

This is getting repetitive. Listen to the public health experts, don't just make up stuff directed at people you hate.
    The spread has occurred because restrictions were prematurely eased and people are circulating. Most of the spread occurs in confined public and private spaces such as bars, restaurants and people's homes when they have family and friends visiting.

11. snesn

snesn

You're presented with a reasoned argument and that's your response. Pathetic.

12. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Many Doctors told us that HCQ/Zinc/Azythromycin worked, because they had used it and cured many, but people, even many here kinda **** all over that. The guy who is the head of the Methodist Hospital in Houston said there was no need to be alarmed because the hospitals were more full from elective surgeries than Covid patients, and you yourself **** all over that.

So.....

nrajeff and Sharkey like this.
  13. snesn

snesn

There is no evidence that there is a weak strain in South Korea. You say you have presented supporting data but you have not done so.
    If it's more than just your silly guesswork then you need to present the evidence.

14. snesn

snesn

This has no relevance to determining the number of covid cases and deaths.

15. M&P15T

The data is in the link I provided. I even told you precisely which data in particular.

If you're too stupid to read it, I can't help you. No one here is going to spoon feed you everything, you gotta do some work yourself.

Sharkey likes this.
  16. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

So we only trust the experts that say things that back up your view of reality...

Got it.

17. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

Sometimes laughter is all that's required.

18. snesn

snesn

Lol, no.

19. snesn

snesn

If you have 'alternative experts' then tell us about them.

20. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Strange how no one believed china when they went from thousands of deaths per day down to nearly zero when we're expected to believe it happened in new york?

What is new York doing now that they werent doing in march?