I agree with everything except raising taxes. It's been proven time and again to reduce revenue. We need to end welfare and put those people to work. We need to remove all people who don't belong here and not give them anything until they are gone. We can't keep giving some free money. We can't keep paying for illegal aliens needs. Let those who can but won't work die. Those with substance abuse problems get one shot at rehab then they are on their own and if they die too bad. Fear is a great motivator. When the illegal aliens are gone there will be jobs. Anything else is a waste of time.The same actions it would take to save a business. Until the budget is balanced and the deficit has been paid:
- An austerity program. Cut all non-critical expenditures. That will include a lot of expenditures and programs that many believe are "critical".
- Increase revenue. Taxes will have to go up (corporate and personal). Additional revenue generated from the tax increase will have to be applied to paying down the budget by statute.
- A "Balanced Budget" constitutional amendment to prevent future lawmakers from doing it in the future.
What won't work:
- Not taking action or giving up.
- Leaving it to the generations that follow.
Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk