close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Two new guns in one week!!!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KiloBravo, Apr 3, 2010.

1. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

This was the first I ever bought two new guns in a single week. On Monday, I picked up my Mosin Nagant. Today, after reading Airborne Infantryman's thread about the PF-9, I went to the local shop today and bought one. It has been on my list for a LONG while, and his post was what put me over the edge.

I paid $285 for it OTD. The tag said it was used, but I inspected it, field stripped it, etc. and I can tell you it had not had one round put through it. It still had all of the factory oil and packing grease on it and absolutely zero wear on any of the internals. I was going to hold for for a black frame with hard chrome slide, but this one was too good of a deal to pass up. I got the black frame, but had to settle for a blued slide.

I cleaned the barrel out at the shop to make sure there were no obstructions, and then took it to the range. I put two boxes of Independence, and a box of PMC 115 gr. FMJ with ZERO issues what so ever. I used the mag included with the gun, as well as a second one I purchased extra. I also kept shooting after installing the included finger extension for the mag and still no issues after that either.

I even one handed fired, single weak handed it, shot it upside down, limp wristed it on purpose to try and get it to jam. I was unsuccessful in that department. The gun ran like all of my Glocks right out of the box. I rapid fired, slow fired, and it kept right on ticking.

I also put two 25 round boxes of Critical Defense through it without a hiccup. Therefore, after I got home and cleaned it, I filled it back up with that load, and it is now my designated carry piece for the summer time coming on here the last few weeks. This is the first gun that has ever been comfy for me to carry IWB. It is terrific to carry. It is also quite the change from the full sized 1911 I have been hauling around for about the last 6 months or so. (Yes, I still love both the Glock and 1911 platform too)

I actually ended up trading a Mossberg 500 pump chambered in .410 that had two boxes of shells through it. It might have been out of my safe one time since I bought it close to two years ago. It also jammed every other time I tried to rack in the next round from the mag tube. I also figured it would be an easy one to replace later on if I wanted to. It had NOTHING over my 870 12 ga. though, and there are more ammo offerings for the Remington. This was only the second gun I have ever traded, and no regrets.

There have been a ton of negative things said about Kel-Tec, and I am sure they do make lemons just like all other manufacturers. However, my P3AT and now this PF-9 have been flawless so far.

I will try to get up some pics later.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  2. gunsnhoses

gunsnhoses

Good for you. I love mine.
    [​IMG]

3. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Mine functiond without a problem, I just couldn't get it to actually hit what I was aiming at. It just wasn't the gun for me.

4. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

In regard to my P-11, it kicks like a mule. The first 5 rounds are always on the money but the groups start to spread after my hand goes numb!

:wow: :embarassed:

I can see the PF-9 being a little recoiling beast. :crying: :shocked:

5. KiloBravo

Yes...that is is! :supergrin:

My hand does not hurt or anything from shooting it, but my shooting ability def. started to go downhill by about the last 15-20 rounds. By the end of the third box, I did notice my hand started to shake like an crack head that has not had a fix for two weeks. I knew then it was time to head home for the day.

It was not quite as bad as I thought it would be though. I have pretty large meaty hands, and they seemed to soak up the recoil fairly well. :embarassed:

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Nice little pocket pistol.

7. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Congrats! :cool: Sounds like a good carry gun.

Correct me if I am wrong, but did KT use to make one in .40? I could swear I saw one at my local shop a while back.

8. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I just paid $340 OTD with a extra mag. They're about impossible to find around here. I ran 125 rounds through mine to break it in and it ran %100. Mine at 5 yards or so was shooting 6" below POA. At around 8 to 10 yards the sights were spot on. I was very surprised how accurate the little thing is. The JS pocket holster I ordered for it showed up yesterday and I've been carrying it around the house in my left front pocket to get used to it. Only problem now is my S.C. CWP has yet to show up.

9. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

They stopped production on the P40, a .40s&w version of the P11.

10. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

Congrats! I love mine!

[​IMG]

I will be going to shoot mine next weekend when I head up to my uncles in Chattanooga. I got 300 rounds plus some Rem Golden Saber I'm gonna shoot. I'll post a report afterwards.

11. Liquid

Liquid

y did ya stop? everyone knows things come in threes lol

12. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Two guns in one week?! What are you? Some kind of right-wing nut.:tongueout:

BTW, my PF-9 only like 115gr 9mm. It tends to have feed problems up the ramp with a heavier bullet. I've got nearly 1,000 rds through it. It's well broken in. Make sure you have the metal mag release/catch. If you have the plastic, make sure you depress the mag release when inserting a mag or you'll wear down the catch. The mag will then drop when you fire the gun. Just a little FYI. I also wear a golf glove on my shooting hand when firing the PF-9 and the P3AT because of the snappy recoil. Plus, the grip isn't very comfortable.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  13. KiloBravo

I am indeed a certified gun nut! :whistling:

It is truly an addiction. Thanks so much for all of the great advice. I just need to start searching for some 50 rd. boxes of defense ammo. I am thinking about checking function with some of the 124 gr. gold dots. If they feed reliably, then that will most likely be my carry load for it.

14. KiloBravo

Thank goodness the shop is closed tomorrow for Easter! :supergrin:

15. bac1023

bac1023

16. KiloBravo

Thanks BAC! I know it is no 1911, but it is one I have be eyeing for quite some time.

17. rfd339

rfd339

Congrats on the pf9 .

18. KiloBravo

Thank you! :wavey: