Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two most often heard criticisms by me of the Glock from non Glock shooters, and some Glock shooters, are:
1. It is ugly ( who cares)
2. The ergonomics are bad, the pistol feels like block of wood or a two by four in my hand.
It is one of the toughest, most reliable, most durable pistols out there, so I wonder why Glock does not improve on the ergonomics a bit ( read about the grip design of the Walther PPQ MK 2 on this score).
What criticisms do you hear the most about Glocks; and what about improving the ergonomics?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ergonomics. ?.. I file / sand away under the trigger gaurd and make it fit me.
Complaints.... it is so reliable I never get to do clearing drills.
Complaint it never rusts with minimal care

·
Registered
24,236 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the "ergonomics" of a Glock pistol.
The misfit lies with the shooter and not with the pistol, as do most of the criticisms of Glock pistols.

Glocks were designed to be military/police weapons not custom fitted target pistols that look as good as they shoot.

People with small hands should buy a smaller pistol and quit criticizing Glocks.

Why buy a Glock and then chop it all up in an attempt to make it conform to your needs? Why not just buy a pistol that meets your needs as it comes out of the box?

As Shakespeare so eloquently stated, "The fault is not in Glock pistols, but in ourselves".

·
Registered
40 Posts
1. It's made of ceramic so it won't show up on a metal detector.
2. It costs more than you make in a month.

·
Registered
245 Posts
1. I think the Glock 19 is one of the best looking guns around..
2. Ergonomics ? There is a specific reason why they designed the gun with it's current ergonomics .. and have not changed it. Do yourself a favor and do some research on this... you might find it very interesting. Most people don't have a clue on this one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the "ergonomics" of a Glock pistol.
The misfit lies with the shooter and not with the pistol, as do most of the criticisms of Glock pistols.

Glocks were designed to be military/police weapons not custom fitted target pistols that look as good as they shoot.

People with small hands should buy a smaller pistol and quit criticizing Glocks.

Why buy a Glock and then chop it all up in an attempt to make it conform to your needs? Why not just buy a pistol that meets your needs as it comes out of the box?

As Shakespeare so eloquently stated, "The fault is not in Glock pistols, but in ourselves".

Why not
It is just a tool
Make it work it isn't a art object
People have been changeing grips , sights, springs since I first got into firearms
Around the time the dinosaurs walked the planet

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
The two most often heard criticisms by me of the Glock from non Glock shooters, and some Glock shooters, are:
1. It is ugly ( who cares)
2. The ergonomics are bad, the pistol feels like block of wood or a two by four in my hand.
What criticisms do you hear the most about Glocks; and what about improving the ergonomics?
1) I agree, who cares? It's a tool.
2) it's too fat. Yeah, it's fat. Because it comes with a fat magazine. I happen to like those fat (protected) magazines. It's one of my favorite things about a Glock, it makes it more reliable, IMO.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
24,236 Posts
Why not
It is just a tool
Make it work it isn't a art object
People have been changeing grips , sights, springs since I first got into firearms
Around the time the dinosaurs walked the planet
I agree that a Glock pistol is a tool but if you need a saw, you buy a saw. You don't buy a hammer and try to change it into a saw.

And you certainly don't then criticize the hammer because it wouldn't cut wood.

·
Ruggedly handsome
24,042 Posts
My biggest complaint is when I go to the range everyone wants to try shooting my "ugly brick". Then my second biggest complaint is the people that shoot it asking where they can get the best deal to purchase one or two.:whistling:

·
Registered
443 Posts
1. They are unsafe because they have no safety (we all know how untrue that one is)
2. The grip is like a 2x4 (as stated earlier, the fit depends on the shooter's hand)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree that a Glock pistol is a tool but if you need a saw, you buy a saw. You don't buy a hammer and try to change it into a saw.

And you certainly don't then criticize the hammer because it wouldn't cut wood.
What kind of saw
Jig saw
Bandsaw
Hacksaw
Jewlers saw
All kinds of saws and some saws can cut more than one type of material
If I have a 10 inch hacksaw I may change the blade to 16 inch for the job
Or cut wood not steel , or look to a general use saw
Modifications are in a sense personalization...... or leave it stock , no harm either way IMO
The old model T FORD came inany color you wanted as long as it was black, that did not last long

·
Grip n Rip!
121 Posts
The two I hear most from non-shooters:

#1. It's a plastic gun. So it's like a toy. So it can't be used seriously.
(30+ years and things haven't changed)
#2. There's no safety.
(They think external safeties are the only kind, and I guess they think triggers pull themselves when there are no external safeties)

The two I hear most from people who actually shoot a little.

#1. The sights suck
(true, but there are a million aftermarket options)
#2. The trigger sucks
(same as above)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also hear the "no safety" complaint most often. And when you try to explain the safety features of a Glock, those same people don't want to hear it.

Ergonomically, I have no problems with any of my Glocks. Some people say they do, but then those same people try shooting one, and shoot accurately and precisely despite the supposed "bad" ergonomics........make of that what you will. Is it just that they need to get used to the different ergos of a Glock? Or does a Glock perform good for most even though it has "bad" ergos?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts