Two minutes of reality

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Deltic, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Deltic

Deltic

2. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

The leftists in this country will say "that won't happen here", while the Democrats keep saying "we're not going to take away your freedom".

3. Deltic

Deltic

Those bass turds would confiscate our property and have us in reeducation camps in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it.

4. Deltic

Deltic

Trebore likes this.
  5. G17Jake

G17Jake

The first one to come to mind is AOC. We all laugh at her stupidity, but if you really listen, she is a tyrant.

6. Fortunate Son

Fortunate Son

My oldest son's wife and her family are Russian. To hear the stories they tell would make anyone run screaming from Communism. And it was not just Russia, Friends that came from Vietnam tell the same stories.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Descendant, Deltic and jeanderson like this.
  7. ricka10

ricka10

My Russian acquaintances that came here right after the old Soviet Union split up say they can't believe that the U.S. is going communist. It is now too late for the U.S. and they are deciding which country to go to before the asset forfeiture begins.

hogship likes this.
  8. rogn

rogn real dogs

Want to get a full cupfull of the culture, read the book "Forsaken". This centers around some once "Americans" who emmigrated to Russia during / after the great depression. Mostly were Ford employees. And they introduced American baseball to Russia-for a while. Book wanders around a lot but tells an interesting tale of soviet communism. Read it!

9. billyj7175

billyj7175

There was a nurse at one of my doctors who was Bosnian. She had some harrowing stories on why her and her family left to come to America. They immigrated legally. She went to college at night and is now a nurse. How did they manage? Her entire family shared a rent house (without a working AC...this was St Louis btw) and two clapped out cars (father, mother, grandmother and one younger sister). They all had jobs (Dad & Mom both worked 2 jobs). They didn't over indulge themselves financially with a bunch of debt. Last time I seen her I asked her how she was doing and she was ecstatic because she was closing on a house big enough for all of them and was starting a college fund for your younger sister. Oh, she was still driving one of the family's clunkers.

She was truly a shining example of the American Dream.

1) They immigrated legally, but came here penniless. She had no idea on where the rest of her relatives were, or if they even got out alive.
    2) Worked their butts off while living impoverished.
    3) Got an education and a good job = quality of life improvement.
    4) Didn't become a criminal.
    5) Didn't become a drug addict.
    6) Wanted to build a life on things earned, not handed out.

She did all of that and was glad to do it because things were that bad in Bosnia. She was so grateful to be able to escape her country and come here where she is free. I wish younger people would listen to folks like her more often.

G17Jake, Deltic and Ovid like this.
  10. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

I know, before it gets really bad, there will be a rise in the right to take back the country. I'm somewhat a moderate, and would revert to violence much slower then others I know. So my flash point is when the leftist government tries to limit our voice legally. I know the far right will then rise and that most likely when I will become part of that response.

jeanderson likes this.