close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Two-Gun Glocks

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by piebiter, Apr 2, 2010.

1. piebiter

piebiter

Some years ago (1998) I read an article in Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement by Dennis Prisbrey. In the article Prisbrey touted the concept of carrying two Glock pistols. In his case two Glock 26's, old west style, one on each side. At the time it made for a interesting read. Prisbrey used two Kramer scabbards as an example. Saying that the easiest reload was the New York Reload-when one gun goes dry, go to gun two. He did however carry a spare mag pouch as well. Anyway, I've never gotten the idea out of my head. Lately I've been considering trying it out, only using two 27's instead. It would require me purchasing another 27 and holster, but I have no problem with that. In the meantime I was wondering if anyone here is already doing this? Or tried it? I'm sure many of you already carry two guns, but not the same gun.

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

I once carried 2 .38s and later 2 9mms I guess if you carried a 17 and a 19 or 26 or 19 and a 26 it would be better as they could share mags.

3. Pygmalian

Pygmalian

Only carried a G22 on my side and a sawed off 38 on my ankle. If it were the old west maybe I could see 2 guns but with the high capacity mags and length of time a gunfight takes place one gun should do just fine.

4. Scott3670

Scott3670

Interesting. As I will be picking up my G19 tomorrow and will certainly have my G26 on me at the time, I'll have to give this a try. Report to follow.

5. PaulGuy

PaulGuy

Me? No never, but a salesman at a big gun store here in CT always carries 3 guns and 2 knives. He's a riot. Everyone in the store knows if all hell breaks loose get behind him.

6. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Never carry more than you can retain. Especially when you consider disabled limbs or wounds you may sustain when attacked/in a gunfight.

3 pistols and 2 knives? Hollywood.:upeyes:

7. Telecaster

Telecaster

You might have the need to stow the now empty or malfunctioning 1st weapon, then draw and present the 2nd from your weak-hand side. I think a reload on a single weapon that most have practiced hundreds of times would be faster.

But I guess if I was going to carry 2 concealed handguns I would also choose a pair of G26's.
    Me thinks he probably has a BlockBuster Video card next to his carry permit as well. :)

8. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

I do it all the time with my snubbies. I have a matched set and carrying two just makes sense when they are 5-round revolvers and you are NOT Mr. Miculek. :rofl:

If I carried a 9, I would definitely carry a pair of the little guys.

Some of us are ambidextrous :tongueout:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  9. DPris

DPris

Just ran across this. (Sorry, I'm slow.)
    The idea is not to waste time holstering your first gun when it runs dry, you just dump it.
    Denis

10. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

You can always do Call of duty akimbo style and run and gun... To answer your question, NO. Carry one gun with an extra mag is more than enough.!

11. Masterblaster50

Masterblaster50

Two different holsters from Bell Charter Oak Custom fit right in with this idea. One is called the New York Reload Auto and the other New York Reload Revolver for obvious reasons. Carried in small of back position.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  12. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Call of Duty reference, classic. Akimbo works better in the hardcore mode and the two Ranger shotguns with the wave buckshot and the G18's.

13. BayouGlocker

BayouGlocker

If you can legally and conviently do so, and have a reasoned arguement for it if you ever had to go to court, two gun carry makes a lot of sense. Gabe Suarez advocated carrying a pair of Glocks in AIWB holsters. Massad Ayoob had an article where he showed pics of him comfortably carrying 4 Glocks in belt and shoulder holsters. I don't know if he actually carried that many at once, but it was a great object lesson.

Personally, sometimes I'll drop my LCR in a pocket to augument my Glock 19. To me, the position matters more than the gun. An offside holster that you can draw from should your strong hand be hurt, or a pocket holster so you can have your hand on the grip if you get that "feeling in the pit of your stomach."

14. carloglock19

carloglock19

I wore my 19 and 23 a few times just to see what it felt like around the house. One of the range officers at my local range wears dual 1911s from time to time.

15. geoemery

geoemery

I've read Jesse James carried a minimum of 6 and as many as 18 pistols. Why limit yourself to only 1 or 2? In reality, if your gun is reliable, one gun should be enough but 2 is always better than 1.

16. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

Yeah, but Jesse James exercised regularly.
    Sonnytoo

17. DPris

DPris

I still have that BCO dual gun holster here, somewhere.
    Wore it with those two 26s for about a month to test the concept, actually worked quite well.
    Accessible to either hand, but does concentrate some weight all on one side.
    I can see it being a bit lighter with a pair of lightweight Smith .38 J-frames.

The two-gun idea isn't for anybody, but many people do carry a backup, and not just cops. :)
    Denis

18. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Carry two guns? Sure, but 1 would be a rifle.

19. B.Reid

B.Reid

In the Old West they carried two guns because of the time it takes to reload a single action revolver. Especially in the cap and ball days, which was the real old west.

20. heavyweight_4u

heavyweight_4u

One is None. And Two is One.
    If you can why not.