close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Two Extraordinary Fixed Blades

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by -, May 25, 2003.

1. Guest

The top one is a Corkum Shobu specially made with a finger groove (one of a kind). Blade is 4" long with an overall length of 8 1/2". Comes with a kydex neck sheath and is 100% flawless and brand new. Steel is 1084. Note the exceptoinal temper line. Asking $300.
    The bottom one is a Polkowski CQ made of ATS34 steel. Blade is 4 1/2" with an overall lenght of 9 1/4". Comes with a kydex IWB sheath. In very close to new condition with a few sheath scuffs. Asking $275 shipped.
    Can do any form of payment. Feel free to call or email anytime at (800) 366-8051 or anklepocket@aol.com .
    Thanks.

2. Guest

CQ lowered to $250. This is a steal.

3. GlockedNCocked

GlockedNCocked Oompa Loompa

Isn't that more than half the price of a new Glock?

I don't mean to be a naysayer as I have little experience in edged weapons.

But what makes it worth so much?

I carry a $40 Spyderco Endura, what am I missing out on?

Thanks.

4. Guest

Probably nothing. I wear a cheap watch and it tells time perfectly. Some of my friends wear expensive watches and I really don't get it when you really think about it, but that's just me. You can do real well with the CRKT Polkowski/Kasper Companion for $35, but, me, I'm just a sucker for a great custom fixed blade. I'd probably make your head spin with my folder that cost $1050.
    So, to stop being a wise-*** (I'm referring to me): Custom knives generally use the highest quality of materials which, in itself, is worth the price of admission. They are hand crafted by some of the finest artists in the industry (certainly the case here) and you can definitely appreciate it if you hold a custom and production knife side by side. Recognizing and appreciating the difference is indisputable, but whether or not it's worth it to you is the decision that only you can make.