Two day fast

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Scott1970, Sep 23, 2020.

1. chuck73080

chuck73080

Update: Amazon delivered my book 20 hours after my order.... I love Amazon

Thanks for the suggestion Scott1970.

BradD and Scott1970 like this.
  2. Scott1970

Scott1970

This will sound rather cliché, but that book, if actually followed, will change a man's life tremendously.

So, here's Friday morning's food donation to the PD. They had already been mauled prior to this photo. Lots and lots of sausage biscuits.

[​IMG]

But today's haul was rather impressive. Here's less than half of the TWENTY dozen donuts brought to us today.

[​IMG]

On the surface it seems rather nice, but I'm beginning to suspect folks are trying to kill us with metabolic syndrome.

3. chuck73080

chuck73080

Is that where the term "killing you with kindness" came from?

I can see why you gained weight.

I've read 60 pages so far (first section) and taking a break.

Like I said earlier I have eaten 1 meal a day probably 60% of the time, while on the road in the truck. I would either take a 2 hour break after fueling in the afternoon to eat shower and read or whatever before driving the rest of my allowable hours before my 8 hours of sleeper time.

Unfortunately truck stops, fast food and even fast food is not good.

My wife and I did lose about 50# each in April and May because we locked down due to Covid.

That's one of the reasons I'm so interested in this, I want to keep losing down to about 230#, That's what I weighed when I turned 30, 38 years ago.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  4. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

I gotta try that.

5. Haldor

Water, black coffee or unsweetened tea.

Nothing else, no artificial sweeteners either.

I have stopped the tea (except with meals) and reduced coffee to 2 cups (mugs) a day.

BP was 119/68 and blood sugar was 90 the last time I checked. I am 62, with full blown metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, have had 2 strokes.

I have lost 40 pounds doing this in the last 5 months. I am shooting for 20 more.

6. Current Resident

Current Resident

Very good Haldor, I've been trying it the last couple of days and trying to get into the rhythm of it.

I don't have any blood pressure or diabetes problems yet. Diabetes does run in the family though but I have dodged it so far. I just need to lose some pounds.

ithaca_deerslayer and Haldor like this.
  7. Haldor

This is the only thing I have done that works for me. I started with a 20/4 schedule and after a week switched to a 22/2.

My meal is lunch so the evening is no problem, when I feel hungry I drink a glass of water. By the time I wake up in the morning I am not really hungry any more. Only time it gets tough is if I stay up too late at night.

8. Haldor

Pick the right time for you. I have always made lunch the big meal of the day so that was natural for me. Works with family get togethers on the weekends too.

9. CAMSDADDY

CAMSDADDY

My hardest issue has been Sunday. Normally Sunday’s I get up and cook a solid breakfast before church. This past Sunday I was worried about my stomach growling so I drank extra water. Of course that caused me to have get up and pee before the service was over.
    Other than that it’s been pretty good. I’m a week into 16/8 and only eating two meals no snacks with only water and black coffee.

TeaDub and ithaca_deerslayer like this.
  10. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Drink water, pee more. Drink water, pee more. It is part of the adjustment.

If urine gets too frequent or too clear, have some salt. Just pour a french fry's worth onto a spoon and lick it.

After adjusting, everything goes back to normal, eventually :)

CAMSDADDY likes this.
  11. CAMSDADDY

CAMSDADDY

It’s 2020. I’m not sure I remember what normal was.

12. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I found turning off the tv after eating my OMAD in front of Adam-12 helps. Don't turn it back until the next meal 23 hours later.

Things are more sane that way :)

CAMSDADDY likes this.
  13. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Just an update....

I'm currently on hour 76 of my over the weekend fast. I went up to my cabin hunting. Last ate on Friday at noon and intended to go 72 hours and eat lunch today but not hungry. Will eat again at 6 tonight for dinner.

It was pretty easy this time even though I was pretty active, hunting, chopping wood and working around the cabin. Nothing but water and coffee. I've found that chicken and/or beef bouillon broth helps stem the hunger after a couple days without adding any calories but I didn't even need that this time.

Scott1970 and BradD like this.