GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fast regularly, and last night wrapped up the end of a forty-eight hour fast.

This is me in the breakroom at lunchtime yesterday. A family was kind enough to surprise us with lunch. Next to air and water, pizza is my favorite. Talk about bad timing for me. :animlol::animlol:

·
Gringo Viejo
28,518 Posts
I fast regularly, and last night wrapped up the end of a forty-eight hour fast.

This is me in the breakroom at lunchtime yesterday. A family was kind enough to surprise us with lunch. Next to air and water, pizza is my favorite. Talk about bad timing for me. :animlol::animlol:

Like you said, the end of a forty-eight hour fast. tom. :eat:

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
9,882 Posts
Stand strong brother! I do the "fast five" regularly and will do a 24 hour fast on occasion.
Fasted one time for 72 hours. That was tough.
I've had friends fast for 7 days, they say that after the first 72 hours, it gets pretty easy. I personally haven't gone that long, yet.

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
9,882 Posts
I just got done with an 8 hour fast!

Now, time for breakfast!! :eat:
Fight the good fight Josh! Don't let them get to ya! ;)
upload_2020-9-23_8-42-50.jpeg

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
I also fast regularly. I'd die a little to turn down free pizza.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Good thing it wasn't donuts, huh?

(no disrespect, just playing on a cliché)

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
That's rough. I too recently turned down pizza for the first time in my life as I was eating clean that night.

My cholesterol is a bit high so I've been working out more, switched to a more plant based diet, and practice intermittent fasting during the week.

Weekends I still eat heart healthy but a cut loose a bit.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,105 Posts
So did you leave any pizza for anybody else?
LOL

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Kudos on 48 hours. Best I can do is however many hours I am sleeping or passed out. Once the eyes are open it's game on!

·
NRA Life Member
5,541 Posts
The longest I’ve done was five full days.
I admire your discipline.

Based on your experience, what do you find the main benefits are for regular fasting? I’m afraid I’d void any benefits by binge eating later.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I admire your discipline.

Based on your experience, what do you find the main benefits are for regular fasting? I’m afraid I’d void any benefits by binge eating later.

It helps me keep inflammation down, boosts my energy and mental clarity, and really assists me with keeping my appetite in check.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts