close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tweaking Glock ejectors and extractors????

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by uncowboy, Jul 23, 2004.

1. uncowboy

uncowboy

I was wondering what everyone does to get the brass out of the gun when you install a scope. I have tried 2 different scope mounts and my gun still ejects brass between scope and top of slide. Thanks in advance. J.Michael

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

What model Glock?
    What Scope mount?
    What Scope?
    What loads, recoil springs and so on. All of these makes a difference. Some just need load adjustments. Some need ejector port lowered. Some need lighter recoil springs. You haven't supplied enough info to provide a meaningfull answer. Oh, and yes some need the ejector adjusted or changed.

3. uncowboy

uncowboy

Scope mount is a plastic TAC EO Holosight on top. I for got the name but it is a comon one. Gun is a 17L , It will be a 34 lower and the 17L upper when I am done. I have shot factory and reloads and it happens with both. 17L slide did have a Glock upgrade done I figured I needed a better extractor or to tweak the ejector some. I read some people lengthen the ejectors? J.Michael

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Lower the ejection port
    Tune the recoil spring to the gun and load
    Tune the ejector

5. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 13 Air Medals.

I had the same problem, but i'm using a 24 slide with a KKM 9mm/40 barrel. I use a 13Lb spring lowered the ejection port and installed a Dale Rhea Extended Ejector. So far I have not had two many problems. the only problems I have had is when I was shooting off a rest and I think I limp wristed it. I also use a Bobby Carver mount with a C-More sight. the load I'm using is 3.8 of VV N330 powder and a 147gr bullet.