Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Senior Moment
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the meth users in my town seem to always follow the same path. They end up spending every bit of money they have on the drug. Quit maintaining their vehicle until the engine locks up. Ride a bike until it needs work and then sell it. Bills not paid until the lights and water get turned off. No propane for heating so they start burning any wood they can find to stay warm. Usually lose their job and start working cleaning houses or handyman work where they will steal anything worth stealing.
I've known people with good jobs get hooked on meth and lose everything, family too.
Know a few that have been able to kick it though.
There is a trap that sometimes snags the folks that like to close the bars and then have to work the next day. They show up for work in bad shape and someone will offer them something that will fix them right up. Works like a charm and they close the bar again, then apply the fix the next morning. Sad life to usually a sad end.

·
Registered
27,234 Posts
True, unfortunately.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,476 Posts
There is a trap that sometimes snags the folks that like to close the bars and then have to work the next day. They show up for work in bad shape and someone will offer them something that will fix them right up. Works like a charm and they close the bar again, then apply the fix the next morning.
Happened to me. It's called coffee. Still hooked on it.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I don't recall if I told this tale in another thread or not, but maybe six years ago as a city letter carrier I had a certified mail piece I needed a signature for. Woman comes to the door and I was speechless. One of the most beautiful women I've ever actually laid eyes on. Her eyes, face, smile and body were unbelievably amazing. Very nice woman as well.

About six months later I came across a name I recognized in our local paper along with a photo. The very same woman I had gotten tongue tied over had been busted for meth use/manufacturing/distribution. I stared at the photo and slowly realized who it was.

The transformation was remarkably sad. What that drug use did to her appearance was, for lack of a better word, disgusting. She was barely a shell of her former self. I'm not into drugs but that moment when I put it all together was an even more enlightening example of what meth will do to a person than any anti drug campaign I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
If them and all heroine addicts die they die. We need to quit reanimated them when they overdose
That's absolutely despicable !!!!!
Ever heard the saying that a society can be judged by how they treat the weakest among them ? Individuals too.

I pray you never have an illness you can't control.

·
Banned
5,724 Posts
It's so easy and tempting to try to escape our struggles and problems by using drugs and alcohol.

But ignoring our problems and finding temporary relief in drugs/alcohol will not make our problems go away.

When the effects of the drugs/alcohol wear off, our problems will still be there, hence the temptation to continually use drugs/alcohol as a form of escape.

The best thing to do is to remain sober and face down our struggles no matter how difficult they are, while resisting the temptation to get temporary relief by using drugs or alcohol.

It's never too late to stop using drugs or alcohol.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I worked for our local veterans drug court...as much as I found it interesting and liked working there, it had it's days. I saw former cops, teachers, business owners, all veterans mind you...going downhill fairly quickly.

We had pretty good luck with alcohol, weed, and pills,,,,,not so much with heroin and meth. In four years I didn't see one meth or heroin addict successfully complete the program. Some of these people I knew, I grew up with them...two of our people committed suicide rather than face a world without heroin...

One of our success stories was a retired USMC master sergeant..really squared away guy...he told us he was the best drunk in the Corps. He said his commanders etc covered for him for many years, because he was basically a functional alcoholic...He retired, moved back here and got two DUIs in one week. He said that apparently the Missouri Highway Patrol didn't know who he was....right into drug court he went...he successfully completed it, and went on to get trained to help others...he also avoided a felony...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That's absolutely despicable !!!!!
Ever heard the saying that a society can be judged by how they treat the weakest among them ? Individuals too.

I pray you never have an illness you can't control.
"...the weakest among them..." has to be the poor, not yet born little babies that are horribly killed by being burned with saline or sucked out in pieces without a chance of having "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
Society will be judged, all right.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts