Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of the politically correct garbage cop shows, like Law & Order SVU and The Rookie (which I am still watching to tear apart), I decided to go old school recently and go back to a show from my youth.

"Hunter", for those who haven't seen it, is the 1980s TV version of Dirty Harry. No political correctness here. Rick Hunter shoots or punches first, and gets around to asking questions when he feels like it. His psychological torture of Brian Dennehy in the first episode was epic. When his beautiful partner McCall asks him to stop a car that's speeding towards them, he empties his compensated H&K P9 at the windshield, causing it to roll over and crash. McCall is no slouch either, quick on the trigger, brawls with guys, and refers to a pimp as "a toilet".

Realistic? No, but the satisfaction quotient is high. I highly encourage anyone tired of today's TV shows to re-visit this classic. It can be found on the Tubi channel, which is on Comcast On Demand. It may also be on Amazon, but I think they make you pay for it (which you shouldn't have to if you are paying for Amazon already).

·
Registered
21,525 Posts
I forget which night it was, because well, that was the 1980's, but Miami Vice (was huggeee for us living in Miami), Stingray, and Hunter all came on back to back. Everyone watched TV that night....at least in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
10,078 Posts
It is also on Pluto TV, free with ads. If you have a streaming service you can download the app. Looks like they have all 7 seasons.

Other good stuff is on there. They have Shameless and American Guns which was a stupid show but had some nice jail bait.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My wife and I liked that show - actually, there were a lot of shows in the 80s that we liked. Miami Vice, Spenser For Hire, The Equalizer, Hunter, and of course Hill St. Blues - you guys see a theme :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
With all of the politically correct garbage cop shows, like Law & Order SVU and The Rookie (which I am still watching to tear apart), I decided to go old school recently and go back to a show from my youth.

"Hunter", for those who haven't seen it, is the 1980s TV version of Dirty Harry. No political correctness here. Rick Hunter shoots or punches first, and gets around to asking questions when he feels like it. His psychological torture of Brian Dennehy in the first episode was epic. When his beautiful partner McCall asks him to stop a car that's speeding towards them, he empties his compensated H&K P9 at the windshield, causing it to roll over and crash. McCall is no slouch either, quick on the trigger, brawls with guys, and refers to a pimp as "a toilet".

Realistic? No, but the satisfaction quotient is high. I highly encourage anyone tired of today's TV shows to re-visit this classic. It can be found on the Tubi channel, which is on Comcast On Demand. It may also be on Amazon, but I think they make you pay for it (which you shouldn't have to if you are paying for Amazon already).

Works for me.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
My wife and I liked that show - actually, there were a lot of shows in the 80s that we liked. Miami Vice, Spenser For Hire, The Equalizer, Hunter, and of course Hill St. Blues - you guys see a theme :D
I just started to watch Hill St. Blues again on Hulu. I loved the series when it first came out but now not so much. It definitely has a liberal slant to it.

·
Registered
32,365 Posts
She aged ok, not like Anne Margaret or Rachel Welch, but not Kelly Mcgillis bad either.

9F36624A-79A0-4A17-87A3-B4A1FB379E60.jpeg
D07A560E-0705-4B1E-93C7-DC268E16A60D.jpeg
22137EA0-302A-43CC-9CF7-0CE39DFB66EF.jpeg

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
She I still cute!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I think a lot of the 1970s-1980s pre-home video shows could get away with a lot of stuff because viewers watched an episode and never again. Lots of continuity errors. The same actor would appear in multiple episodes but as different characters. TJ Hooker was really bad. There would be a chase scene and the bad guys would be in one model of car when it started and a different when the chase ended!

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I just had a sobering thought... do you all realize that "the '80s" is within the "Four Decades Ago" range?!!?!?

Reactions: Westexas and Cambo

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think a lot of the 1970s-1980s pre-home video shows could get away with a lot of stuff because viewers watched an episode and never again. Lots of continuity errors. The same actor would appear in multiple episodes but as different characters. TJ Hooker was really bad. There would be a chase scene and the bad guys would be in one model of car when it started and a different when the chase ended!
Miami Vice had a bad guy extra who was in at least 5 episodes. Big guy, almost a bowl haircut, mustache.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,638 Posts
I only watched it to hear him kick down the big dodge police car

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Hunter, Simon&Simon, Magnum were classic TV.

My problem was I worked 2nd shift a lot so couldn’t always watch TV and we only got network in the sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts