Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Annoying Member
2,202 Posts
I don't use or work on MAC's but on a PC that would be a function that's managed under Power settings ...

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
On my OS X (Tiger), just go into the setting (the one with the light switch), choose screen saver settings, can be changed from minutes to never.

·
Registered
88 Posts
In Leopard

Apple in top left - >System Preferences - > Desktop and Screensaver

Drag sliding scale to desired minutes.

·
Banned
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my OS X (Tiger), just go into the setting (the one with the light switch), choose screen saver settings, can be changed from minutes to never.
Hmm...it is already set to never.

I think there must be some other power saving function that registers no input.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Go to the System Preferences pane, open Energy Saver and check the sleep options. Set them to either wait longer or change them to never.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Hit it with a hammer.

·
The White Guy
83 Posts
Go to the System Preferences pane, open Energy Saver and check the sleep options. Set them to either wait longer or change them to never.
Another +1

There is a program for the mac called caffeine that puts a little cup of joe icon near the time and you can click it off and on to turn your power settings off and on. Useful for watching movies and the like but don't want to manually change the settings in system preferences.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/31941

·
"Old Bill"
2,652 Posts
In Leopard

Apple in top left - >System Preferences - > Desktop and Screensaver

Drag sliding scale to desired minutes.
Oribis is correct - choose the Desktop/Screensaver icon. Do not confuse with the Energy Saver icon further down!

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
I downloaded that caffeine thing on my G4, it works pretty well, I watched a two hour thing on it, and I think once during the show the screen tried to turn off (I have no clue why), but I would call it a success overall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts