close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turning my dog into an attack dog

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by jolt8me, Sep 17, 2004.

1. jolt8me

jolt8me Your the devil

O.k im kinda bored and have nothing better to do. I've looked on the web but all i can find is places to buy or rent attack dogs. What i want to know is how do i turn my dog into an attack dog? Basically what i want her to do is go nutz on someone when i issue a command. If thats too hard perhaps just growl and look like shes really mad on command. I thought it would be more usefull to teach her this trick then say roll over. Anyone have any advice on this?

2. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

Yup...Here is what you do....Take a newspaper, roll it up real tight, then smack yourself repeatedly in the head with it...

It won't make your dog an attack dog, but it might beat some sense into you...

DD~

3. GTIMANiac

GTIMANiac

Sounds like a liability to me ...

4. jolt8me

jolt8me Your the devil

Well she always could have been a liability. She could always go out and bite someone. So teaching her to only attack when i command it be a safeguard against her attacking anyone she wants too?

5. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

;z ;z

6. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

Hey, maybe I can turn my dog, Fuji, into an attack dog.

[​IMG]

7. jolt8me

jolt8me Your the devil

If its too hard are involves a lot of time im not going to do it. Right now im at the point of seeing whats involved and how to do it. Your comments about it being a stupid idea arent helping. For 1)why is it a stupid idea? 2)do you know how to do it?

8. GTIMANiac

GTIMANiac

Depending on the breed your HO Insurance may not cover you anyway. Animals have a mind of their own, regardless of training they can decide at will to attack. Just ask Roy, that tiger he had worked with for sometime and it turned on him.

There was a case in SanFran, I think. Where a Pressa Canario attacked a lady and killed her. The owners were brought up on charges because the owners had trained the dog in Schutzen.

9. WolfmanGK

WolfmanGK Super Plump

VERY bad idea. I have experience with breeding GSDs, which can be a naturally agressive dog. It is a very bad idea.

10. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

jolt8me,
    It can be done by a compent trainer working with you and the dog but first and more importantly you and the dog need to learn obedience.
    This is the ground work(foundation) for protection and must be solid at all times, not just when the dog wants to listen to you....
    If you are serious about this go to the ask a trainer thread in the critter corner and I would be happy to start you out on the right road. However it is a lot of work and not something YOU can teach the dog. Someone else HAS to be the bad guy.
    BTW you are correct that it will limit your liablity, by you having a 1000% more control than you do now.

And Please dont say that anymore, its is bad as calling a magazine a "clip". Highly trained police dogs and protection dogs respond to situations and commands are what tells the dog he/she is doing right....;Q :(

11. PirateShot

PirateShot CalmerThanYou

Yo killer, Kill B! Your paws are tingling, aren't they little buddy?

12. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Give the dog love/attention so it bonds to you. When/IF you are in danger/feel threatened the dog WILL catch on and respond to the threat. Long as you/your family are part of its (pack).

13. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Other than the fact that "you're bored, (buy a Gameboy), and have nothing better to do, (Clean the house, do laundry), why in this Gods great earth would you want to teach a dog to attack "at command" to alleviate these evil demons of boredom?

Are we feeling a litle inadequate lately???

Security dogs are one thing. They're trained to react to given threats or situations.

What you're talking about is a weapon with a brain. Not a good idea.

14. NYGunman

NYGunman o.oO0Oo.oO0Oo.o

Do you know that your dog looks a little bit like an Ewok? ;f

15. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

Dude, I am good but not that good!!;)
    He does look kinda evil though.;f

16. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

You don't need to do it yourself, you need a professional, and one more thing... don't call it an "attack" dog. Just sounds stupid. Protection trained canine sounds better :) and Not saying how I know, but German Shepherds are good at it...
    <-----

17. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

1. Some dogs dont have the temperament to be trained to attack.

2. If and when the dog is fully trained to attack on command,they are very dangerous because through the training,they learn what they are capable of,and if "agitated" will hit a person without hesitation.

3. My father trained Gsp's and one fully trained protection dog lived with us as i was growning up.

4.I would not mess around trying to train your dog to attack in backyard sessions--this is bound to make your dog very dangerous,and a serious liability to you and yours.

5.Imagine it hurts someone in your neighborhood--it comes out in court--where it WILL end up--that you have actually trained your dog to damage people.That is when i would not want to be you.They will nail your hide to the barn door.

I hope this information helps!!

18. wannacmyglock

wannacmyglock Mortgage Man!

It doesn't work that way with dogs. The reason dogs obey a command is to please their owner in some form to recieve praise. If the dog just gets a feeling to recieve praise, they will do what they know how to please their owner. Therefore, it would be very possible for your dog to just "snap" (as the ignorant dog owners say). You need to learn a little more about responsible pet ownership before your next purchase or adoption.

19. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

There are plenty of actual dog experts on this board.

Let me also suggest that you retain a good criminal lawyer and purchase a large umbrella liability insurance policy which will specifically cover legal expenses and medical expenses in case your attack dog attacks.

20. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

Some dogs have others just live in fear of being eaten. Who wants some!?!?!

[​IMG]