Turner's Advertises the G21SF again

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by Glock_XXI, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Glock_XXI

Glock_XXI

2. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

The approved model on the DOJ site is: 21SF-STD / Steel, Polymer.

The one Turners is selling is the 21SF-1913
    [​IMG]

I'd rather follow the law.

3. SubSolar

SubSolar Guest

Well, it does say Glock rail on it, I think they just used the only picture they could find.

4. M4inCA

M4inCA pho_kit_all

I'll tell you for certain that the only one you can now buy is the single sided mag release with glock rail.

5. tatsuosan1964

tatsuosan1964

I'm going to have to check one out this weekend. The non-ambi one is the one that works for me if it will take my preban mags. I will have to take a mag along to make sure. I really don't care which rail it has, although it will most likely have the Glock rail. Either one will accept the TLR-1 which is what I use.

6. kpblade

kpblade CLM

I bought mine today form Turner's. It is the non-ambi, Glock rail version. I had asked them about the picture in the ad, and the manager said they just used the previous stock picture w/ the pic rail, but had corrected the description.

7. missinghood

missinghood Guest

Turners employee here,
    The advertised 21SF-STD is the approved 21SF-STD. No worries.
    We don't have a ton available though.

8. tatsuosan1964

tatsuosan1964

I went to the Turners in San Marcos today and started my 10 wait. Now the hard decision-do I keep my original G21 now that I have the G21SF or do I sell it because I like the grip on the SF better? Oh well. I'm not in a hurry to sell anything so I'll probably wait and see, maybe shoot them side by side. To clarify further, it is the GLOCK railed version without the ambi magazine release. This is good or bad depending on how you look at it. This means that if you have any legally owned preban 13 round mags, they will work in this pistol. :banana: I did try the SF next to the standard G21 and the difference is slight. But enough for me to fork out the cash to purchase a new pistol. It felt better in my hand than the standard G21, although I have gotten used to the G21, just a little smaller.

9. jayzazueta

jayzazueta

Was in the gun shop yesterday and my buddy bought the 21sf with regular rail and ambi release. Wanna hear the kicker Tuner shoppers he bought it for 617.79 OUT THE DOOR with tax and dros! smokin deal.

10. painkiller

painkiller

what does it matter to DOJ if it has a picatinny rail or glock rail?its the same gun isnt it?DOJ drives me insane!

11. tatsuosan1964

tatsuosan1964

I believe that the picatinny railed version is only available in the ambi mag release configuation. Since the ambi is supposed to have enough internal changes to qualify it as different, hence not on the list pistol. The G21SF-STD that is approved for California is different only in the grip size so I guess that it was OK to sell here.

Oh by the way-I picked up my new GLOCK on Wednesday, took it home and installed the new Trijicons that I purchased for it. I went to the range on Thursday and broke it in and sighted it in with about 150 rounds. Typical GLOCK, boring (i.e. no problems, digested all 4 brands of ammo that I fed it, went bang every time I pulled the trigger etc.).