Glock Talk banner

Turner Field and off duty Cops

2232 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  cowboywannabe
now that there are metal detectors at Turner Field, do they offer a lock box of sorts for off duty cops not from the immediate jurisdiction? no reply to an e-mail I sent them about this.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
18,130 Posts
I believe they are allowing them again. They have a dedicated gate for LE manned by APD. They decided to change policy and only allow off duty officers with jurisdiction at the stadium to carry. They have since reverted back to the original process as far as I know. You will be able to carry with proper credentials and will not have to use a locker.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/2...fficers-to-carry-firearms-inside-turner-field

· Got Sig?
1,474 Posts
All off-duty officers are now welcome to bring their firearms into the game, even ones from outside the Atlanta area.
According to the article linked, all Leo's can carry inside.

· you savvy?
23,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
that sounds good. so does one just walk up and before going through metal detectors... mention oh, by the way, I'm a cop, where do I check in?

I ask this because they haven't replied to my e-mail....

· Registered
18,130 Posts
that sounds good. so does one just walk up and before going through metal detectors... mention oh, by the way, I'm a cop, where do I check in?

I ask this because they haven't replied to my e-mail....

There will be several APD officer around. Just ask where the law enforcement gate is. You will go through and speak to some other officers and present your credentials.

· Registered
800 Posts
There's a mini precinct for APD on the south side of Turner Field on Bill Lucas Drive. You have to go in there to show your creds and sign in. They issue you a wristband and then you walk up to the southwest gate. You show your wristband to the APD Officer on duty at the gate and he gets you around the metal detector. I took the family to a game last year and it was very easy.

· you savvy?
23,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a mini precinct for APD on the south side of Turner Field on Bill Lucas Drive. You have to go in there to show your creds and sign in. They issue you a wristband and then you walk up to the southwest gate. You show your wristband to the APD Officer on duty at the gate and he gets you around the metal detector. I took the family to a game last year and it was very easy.
thanks for the info!

· you savvy?
23,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem. Enjoy the game. Are you coming in from out of town?
the Braves security called me yesterday afternoon, confirmed just as you stated. I will be coming from about 70 miles south of Atl. on the 30th for a night game. no way was I going to sit in the sun for a 1 o'clock game on a Saturday.

· Registered
800 Posts
the Braves security called me yesterday afternoon, confirmed just as you stated. I will be coming from about 70 miles south of Atl. on the 30th for a night game. no way was I going to sit in the sun for a 1 o'clock game on a Saturday.
I don't blame you a bit for that. I'd do the same thing as hot as it's been here lately. If you're coming up 75, you won't be too far from me. I'm one county over from 75. Do you live in Georgia or just passing through?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts