close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turn a G19 into a race gun?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by phillymac23, Apr 10, 2012.

1. phillymac23

phillymac23

My G19 has been a nightstand gun for the last few years and I have several others that can move into that position. I've been reading up on race guns and I really don't want to purchase a G17 if I a G19 will work fine.

Thanks

2. samuse

samuse

Shoot it in Production and SSP.

Bam.

Instant racegun.

3. adamg01

adamg01

If I ever run IDPA courses instead of just training on them, it would be a G19. It is my favorite Glock and it fits my hand better than the 17.

4. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

IMO, no real reason not to if you are going to trick it out anyways.

5. dsb1829

dsb1829

Not sure I would go full race gun, but a G19 is a great choice for a competition pistol. I use a G22, but a G19 is more true to the premise of IDPA.

6. ijacek

ijacek

I wouldn't do it!

7. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

Alot of guys like the grip of the 19 over the 17, and that's fine, but you will benifet from the longer sight radius. You could always go with a lone-wolf slide/barrel, so long as you don't change caliber. You can't use aftermarket slides for GSSF though.

The 19 is a fine platform for IDPA SSP. Slick the trigger up, maybe use a ghost rocket connector, and a polish job. Maybe a better set of sights, but if the glock sights work for you, great. Money in your pocket for ammo.

Also, talon grips. Best $10 you'll spend on your glock that's not ammo.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

This kinda depends on available funds and what competition you are shooting it in. They all have slightly varied laws on what is acceptable and what puts you in different categories. Are you interested in compensators, red dot sights, magwells, extended controls, etc.

:50cal:

9. phillymac23

phillymac23

Thanks guys, I haven't decided on what to do yet. My G19 is my baby so I'm a little reluctant to make changes to it. I'd be shooting at my local range for now. Something I've talked about getting into for years but with 3 kids in JR/High School sports and them playing 3 sports I just never had time. Biggest problem getting to the range now is now that we only have 1 kid left in sports now the wife thinks free time should be spent doing what she wants to do. Anyway, I've got a the following G19, G26, Kahr CW9, XD45 Compact, XD9SC and a Taurus TCP. So, for home and CCW I have other options but like I said my 19 is my baby.