Turkey ready to seize USA nuclear weapons.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G33, Oct 14, 2019.

1. lazarus66

lazarus66

We can launch B-47's from Morocco and wipe them out.

army_eod likes this.
  2. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

3. Naelbis

Naelbis

The Turks would have to kill every Airman at Incirlik before they would get their hands on any nukes (if they are even still there)...and they would have to do it before every air asset and quick reaction force the US has in range got there to smash their pissant country flat. There would be no "police action" or limited engagement in such a scenario, it would be full on war.

Willard and DJ Niner like this.
  4. B C

B C

Sounds like BS to get us into a war.

5. amd65

amd65

Fighting the Turks is nobodies idea of fun.

6. bubbatime

bubbatime

War with the Turkey? Be home by Thanksgiving.

7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

36E9F0EE-E14A-4805-BCA6-1DA27587D76F.gif

8. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

I got a good laugh imagining the typical leftist NPC trying to read and comprehend all that sensible critical thought, their mouths hanging open, drooling, failing to understand any word that isn't orange, man, or bad.

Honest critical thought is the first casualty of identity politics and political tribalism.

"Doc" Cavalry likes this.
  9. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

giphy-1.gif

Agonizer likes this.
  10. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

You dont know the Turks like I do.

Besides their strategy would be simply to retain the weapons where they are and not let them be moved. And if this guy is nuts enough to grab them we couldn't get a "reaction force" there in time, nor could we get there with a proper force.

Do remember, we armed and trained these guys. Most of all for maritime strike and sea denial. They are a firgate heavy Navy and are making their own heavy ASW corvettes now. All are heavily armed and they have a capable submarine force built around German design 209/214 diesel submarines. Most of the weaponry across their armed forces would be a mirrored imagine of ours and the rest of NATO's, we even trained their F-16 pilots to drop the nukes.

This Turk President survived a coup attempt in a country where 2nd place finishers dont do well. He's buying Russian systems now and just did a military exercise with the Russian's in the Black Sea. When he say's "Turkey should have its own nuclear weapons" what weapons do you think he's referring to?, since Turkey doesnt even have a working nuclear reactor yet nor even a bomb program?

The Turks are aces at shake downs and thats probably all this is but just to think this guy "thinks" he controls the things is troubling. Imagine? They didn't hesitate to attack another member of NATO in Cyprus so now that they are fueled by religion what are they capable of now?

11. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Someone in the military-industrial complex left nukes there.
    :)

happyguy likes this.
  12. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Turks block our Nothern campaign during last Iraq war ...right.
    Made the north fighting worse.
    :)

13. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Yes. When I was there 5 years after Cyprus they still hated us for it and let us know it. They really know how to carry a grudge. More disconcerting is the authoritarian rule of this guy Erodgan. He crushed a military coup and used it as an excuse to crush any opposition, the same strong man politics the region is famous for. Once again the prison's are full of Political prisoners not even charged.

But thats better then what the Army did in '79 and '80. Then thousands just went <poof> or ended up swinging on a rope. The province Incirlik was in was under constant Martial Law and eventually the entire country was. They would have road stops with a tank in the middle of the highway.

And they were brutal to their conscripts. I had one go banana's on me one night as I patrolled in a marked vehicle. For 15 mins he pointed a '03 Springfield at me while I did the same with my A1 until we finally got a Turk officer out there. I'm sure they beat the snot out of him. They used to starve the poor buggers, they were nothing but illiterate farm boys, so we'd get extra from the chow hall and give it to them. I could go on and on with anecdotes.

If theres cause for hope its their economy is going down the tubes with this guys. Further sanctions would hurt them bad and "money" is the one Language that makes them listen.

But I do have fond memories of what the dollar bill could buy there, or in east Europe during the CW. That was one place where the dollar was still king.

14. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

15. thewitt

thewitt

Turkey has no means to prevent the removal of our nukes. The article is just more bull****.

16. Chui

Chui

At the end of the day Turkey is much more valuable to US Foreign Policy then some “Greater Kurdistan Project”.

This is especially true if our geopolitical enemies are Iran and Russia in that region.

While I think we should be actively seeking common ground within Russia that’s not our official policy (study Sir Halford Mackinder’s works).

And the thought of carving (by force) land from four nations (Syria, Turkey, Iraq and Iran) is by no means the proper thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk