close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TurboTax for the Web

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by lomfs24, Feb 18, 2005.

1. lomfs24

lomfs24

I did my taxes online this year (again) and I thought everything went smooth. Maybe too smooth. I got a sizable return back from the Feds. and a modest return from the State. As anyone who has ever filed via the web knows, you have to pay before you can file. So I put in my CC number it ran, said it was successful, etc... and I moved on to file the taxes. It is important for me to get them in before Feb 14th because there was a price break before then.

Anyway, taxes were filed, both Fed and State tax forms accepted. State returns already in the bank. Fed returns should be there in a day or two.

Here's the problem. Today I get an email from TurboTax that says "Our records indicate that you started your tax for but have not finished it nor have you paid for it. Yada Yada Yada." So I go back to the web and sure enough everything is completed. So I go check my bank, NO PAYMENT TO TURBOTAX.

Somehow, someway, I filed my taxes and they didn't charge my CC. Now I don't know how to get ahold of them to correct the problem. I am afraid that A) they will discover this later and charge me the higher fee or B) the information will not be retained for next years taxes to carry over. It is really nice not having to reenter information from the previous year.

Any thoughts or comments? And one know how I can contact TurboTax?

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

can you reply to the e-mail?

3. lomfs24

lomfs24

Nope, it is an automated mail-bot that send them out.

4. JCM298

JCM298

5. lomfs24

lomfs24

I finally got a hold of someone there. They said not to worry that it was an automated process and that it would be billed.

Who knows. In the past they have always billed my CC right away. If they don't catch it I guess I will get a free file this year.

Maybe I was the 1 millionth customer or something.

6. Ljunatic

Ljunatic On The Fringe

I was able to file free with TurboTax for the web , but my return was a 1040ez this year and it only took about 15 minutes to complete:cool:

7. lomfs24

lomfs24

Oooooohhhh, I remember those days!!!;f

8. Ljunatic

Ljunatic On The Fringe

Ya well my wife started her own business this year, so thise days are gone for me now too.

For those who don't know, TurboTax is a free e-file supplier for the IRS this year. If you access via the IRS site, you can efile a 1040ez free.

9. lomfs24

lomfs24

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip. I cannot use the 1040EZ this year but no doubt many people on GT maybe able to.

Thanks for the tip!

10. MikeG22

MikeG22 CLM

You can actually file a normal 1040 free via the irs site. Only catch if retaining information and importing from old returns isn't enabled with that option. I ended up just paying for it as not having to enter stuff in is nice.