Tulster Holster on order for my H&K VP9!

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Ninjamamaseeta, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Ninjamamaseeta

Ninjamamaseeta "You don't get what you don't ask for."

This morning, I finished my internet search for a suitable H&K VP9 IWB Holster.

After studying about 20+ styles, I found the Tulster which has several 5 star reviews plus a YouTube video I found during my search. Some of the holsters I stumbled upon had reviews where the edges dug into the person so they had to do some secondary sanding. I don't believe in buying a product you have to muck with afterwards, so I continued my search and I'm glad I did. There weren't any complaints about the Tulster being sharp or being uncomfortable.

I like the Kydex design in general since it keeps its form and I also like the ergonomics of this particular design. The trigger opening is fully enclosed, not partially like some I've seen. Also, the mag release lever near the trigger guard is accessible if for some reason, you need to release the mag while holstered. Also, this particular design has a slight click when placing the firearm into the holster, so you know it's in place. And, when tipped upside down, it doesn't fall out. It's also got an adjustment screw to adjust the snugness to your liking.

The one I ordered is black.

Cost isn't so bad considering it's one of the biggest safety features beween you and your firearm. If you use the code GREYFOX according to the YouTube video, you get 15% off on your order through the Tulster web site which is tulster.com for anyone interested in checking out their products.

My next purchase will be for a belt. Until recently, I've not been wearing belts. Still trying to get used to wearing one. It'll take a while but I'm determined.

By the way, for those of you who can remember your first time CC, I stopped for gas this weekend and never felt more safe and secure. I was in broad daylight in what locals would call a safe neighborhood but at gas stations and anywhere in public, I've always maintained a level of awareness, I suppose from watching a lot of crime based TV shows. This time felt different and it was a good feeling. I had my Glock 43 with me. With the VP9 Holster on its way, I wonder if what I'm carrying will make me feel any differently (i.e. Glock 43 vs. VP9). The VP9 will be carried 15+1 with a spare mag (after I find that 'perfect' mag holder) which reminds me. If you have any recommendations for an IWB mag holder (single mag), I'd be thankful for your recommendations. Looking for slim profile but not neo magnet based. Kydex would be fine and preferrably plastic clip since they're not inclined to have sharp edges.

Have a great week everyone!

Taco Junkie likes this.
  2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I've never found IWB mag carry to be comfortable, it just pokes too much.

I use the Safariland 123. Can be found for $11-12. Conceals really well, can't feel it at all, and is plenty secure enough on the belt. Did I mention it's only $12?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Ninjamamaseeta likes this.

3. Ninjamamaseeta

That's cool. Is the flap magnetic or velcro?

4. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

It's Velcro. I have a couple of them. I've been using Mag Holder lately for my spare mag.

[​IMG]

Mag locks in real firmly, into the mag catch. I have one for Glock, and one for my P2000, which would also work with a VP9. The only thing is, I wish it held bullets up, but not too big a deal.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

The Safariland can hold bullets in either orientation. I like that the mag is completely covered and protected too.

6. Ninjamamaseeta

Thanks for the ideas. God forbid any of us ever 'need' a spare mag.

Glockbrad likes this.
  7. Chowser

Chowser

I also use the Safariland velcro one.

8. bigchuck83

bigchuck83

I use a Tulster Holster for my P30 and it works well. Make sure and use the thread locker that is included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Glockbrad

Glockbrad Join GSSF!

Now I just feel cheap for just throwing my spare mag in my pocket. $12 is a steal, thanks for the idea guys!

10. Hardy Wheeless

Hardy Wheeless

You'll love the Tulster...I tried several different brands before I found the Tulster, now I'm finally happy. I have one for a G19, 26, & 43.

11. METS

METS

I have a couple of Tulster holsters plus their mag carrier I'm very happy with them.