close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tula/Wolf ammo in G19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Pinetop, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Pinetop

Pinetop

I recently acquired some Russian 9mm made be Tula (think the same as Wolf), which runs just fine in my CZ-P01. Haven't tried it in my G19 or G17 yet. My son, who is a college MBA student, has a G19, and can't afford to practice much with the price of ammo today, so I was thinking of sending him some of this ammo.

Does anyone have any experience with Tula/Wolf 9mm in Glocks?

Thanks,

Pinetop

2. L-2

L-2

deleted

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

3. BiggJohn

BiggJohn NRA Life Member

The Wolf ammo runs a little dirtier than WWB but I've never had any problems. It's a Glock. That 19 will digest anything you throw at it.

4. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

With the Tula ammo, watch for squibs. I have heard a few stories with the Tula ammo in the white box so be careful.

5. firedawg60

firedawg60

I shot about 100 rounds of Tula through my G23 yesterday without any issues. And a friend has a G30 and has ran some through his without problems. And I didn't find it to be all that dirty as my gun was pretty clean when I got it home. Safe shooting.

6. Pinetop

Pinetop

Thanks for that. I've run a couple of boxes through my CZ with no problem, but I'll be careful.

7. Pimp gun

Pimp gun

I ran 500 thru my Glock 30sf and not one problem:milestone:

8. Brucev

Brucev

Send him the ammo. It will run fine in his pistol. It's not target quality, but very little affordable ammo on the market is target quality. It will work as well as anything else and will give him an opportunity to enjoy some time at the range. JMHO. Sincerely. Brucev.

9. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

I've had more squibs and problem rounds (dented cases, over/under seated bullets, high primers) in Winchester value-packs than I have Tula/Wolf or Prvi/Monarch.

10. cciman

cciman

I use it (Wolf) for practice all the time in my multiple makes and calibers of guns.

Works very well in Glocks. If you have a problem in a Glock, figure out and fix the problem and you will have a more reliable weapon after that.

My philosophy is: if it will shoot garbage, it will shoot anything- better for me then.

The only ammo I have had lots of issues with in my Glock is the pakistani 9mm military surplus I bought from SportsmansGuide. Lots of squibs in all of my 9mm guns with this stuff.

11. Edonis13

Edonis13

tula shoots great in my G19

12. tango44

tango44

Tula is the same as Wolf Ammo, Wolf is the commercial name for the USA while other parts in America get the Tula Cartridge works ammo, same factory in Russia.

Go and ship the ammo to the kid, I have no problems at all in my Glock's, 1911's and AR. Good savings, great prices.

13. den888

den888

Works fine, but it dirtier than most other brands. Clean your Glock well after shooting, and you'll be fine.